Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Old Console Game Would You Like To See Make a Return?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

me, I wanna play Double Dragon 2 again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Final Fight. Punch punch smack smack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has any one played any of the c64 and speccy so called classics recently. They are actually really rubbish now. Except school daze. Any way back to the subject. I'd like to see a new gunstar heroes or axelay. Treasure just rule. Konami are making a new contra and it looks sweet. i heard a rumour that square are remaking FF7 for PS2 with brand new graphics which would be excellent. If only I knew if it was at least a rumour and i wasn't halucinatiung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

would like to see ff7 on ps2 better graphics would do a great game justice.

i dont know about ye guys but i dont think many of the new games compare with a lot of the old ones.

Trusty mega drive streets of rage. classic fighting game but had a plot turn it up to ultra hard with the cheat and watch the baddies fly.

desert storm series the new versions just dont cut it imo. they rely to much on visual aid instead of player instinct. desert storm series was as plain as you got it was dam tough in places though. cant think of any more right now maybe later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Has any one played any of the c64 and speccy so called classics recently. They are actually really rubbish now

what, how dare you, what about
    creatures
    creatures 2
    turrican
    new zealand story
    snare
    hawkeye
    last ninja 1, 2 and 3

and loads more....ah the simple pleasures in life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

PacMan with all the old bugs, like the level 256 bug, caused by using a single byte to store the level number.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was a huge fan of turrican and creatures on the c64 put turrican is absolute tosh compared to the contra series and gunstar heroes. Creatures 1 + 2 really have dated badly. I do still like new zealand story and bubble bobble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

wizball from the C64.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

turrican 2 on the atari/amiga was and still is the finest platform shooter of all time. plus the music kicked ass. wizball pah wizkid now that was a game. yeah cannon fodder must be brought back although im happy playing it on winuae.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

CANNON FODDER = TEH WIN

Turrican kicked ass too :)

Zool, SuperFrog, Putty, Body Blows, Street Fighter2 :)

Bitmap Bro.s ruled
    Ahhh.... memories....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

has anyone gone back and actually player games on old platforms, retro gaming is all the rage now and of coruse there are all sorts of emulators available online but my question is do the games live up to your memories. I remember being amazed by turrican on the c64, now don't get me wrong, I know if I went back to it now that graphically it wouldn't be great but surely good gameplay is good gameplay, good game design is good game design and in this age where graphics are king have we forgotten that playability is the one true god of the gaming world?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

8 YEARS!! Holy crap thats one hell of a necro.

Anyway, Dreamcast!
    dreamcast.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

that game on the snes i think it was called fade to black or something it was amazing and there was some other wierd one where you were lost in some wierd world and there these big bald white alien looking guys and it had some mad 2d cut scene's but i cant remember its name i remember just being in aw at the animation in it when i was a kid.

Ow and shadowrun but that got a remake as a fps and was total ****e

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I just started reading this thread then looked at the date,2002!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i think it was called fade to black

Flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

that game on the snes i think it was called fade to black or something it was amazing

Flashback, it was on the Snes and Megadrive. (And 3DO, Amiga, CD-i, Macintosh, Mega-CD, PC)

Fade to Black is the sequal on the ps1.
    and there was some other wierd one where you were lost in some wierd world and there these big bald white alien looking guys and it had some mad 2d cut scene's but i cant remember its name i remember just being in aw at the animation in it when i was a kid.

That would be Another World.

All those games are made by the same company - Delphine Software. All have a similar style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Chaos engine

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Claymates, Bubsy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was a 15th Anniversary Edition of Another World released a few years back. It had the option of enhanced graphics and it still played really well.

You can get it on gog.com

Anyone who thinks Flashback is a sequel to Another World clearly hasn't played or payed attention to the plots of both games. Another World did get a sequel on the Mega CD though... don't know anything about it, must have a nosey.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Creatures would be an excellent one as would Midnight Resistence.

Gunstar Heroes is a bit crap and dated anyway so wouldn't push for that.

What was that Tomb Raider 1 remake called? Was it any good? Faithful to the original?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

noodler wrote: »
    What was that Tomb Raider 1 remake called? Was it any good? Faithful to the original?

Oh yes. I quite enjoyed it, had a great nostalgic feeling while also looking great. Although I've also enjoyed the current batch of Tombraider games that use a similar engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Been playing Desert Strike again recently , vgg.

Have to agree with monkeyfudge, tomd raider anniversary was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    i heard a rumour that square are remaking FF7 for PS2 with brand new graphics which would be excellent.

So young, so naive...

Man I was such a dumb ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

noodler wrote: »
    Gunstar Heroes is a bit crap and dated anyway so wouldn't push for that.

Sorry, I don't understand what you've written there. Every time I read it, it says Gunstar Heroes is crap. Which is obviously not what you meant as it's one of the greatest 2d shooters of all time.

It doesn't need to be remade anyway as it's already perfect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

A 3d remake version of paper boy....

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    A 3d remake version of paper boy....

:D

i want a re-release of paperboy, with horizontal estates, and a level editor :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

cybernator

zombies ate my neighbours

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    zombies ate my neighbours

I bet ya a tenner that if they brought that back, they'd ruin it :)

Advertisement