Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Old Console Game Would You Like To See Make a Return?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Not sure how good it would be now but back in its day, Streets of Rage was brilliant. As was Road Rash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm almost too afraid to look through this thread to see my opinion from 8 years ago:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thats some bump, I didnt realise until I read about "upcoming" cube games :p

Snatcher CD for what its worth....mmm cyberpunk goodness at its best. A modern first person version of it would see me well happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Snatcher CD for what its worth....mmm cyberpunk goodness at its best. A modern first person version of it would see me well happy.

That would ruin it. It was an adventure game not a CoD clone. There were only about 4 action sequences in the game anyhow. It was brilliant though if a bit short.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That would ruin it. It was an adventure game not a CoD clone. There were only about 4 action sequences in the game anyhow. It was brilliant though if a bit short.

Who said anything about CoD? An adventure game doesnt have to be 3rd person/2d...

A modern version of it, with a nice dark theme, good music & a mix between action/problem solving/cutscenes would be brilliant.

It was too short however :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Still waiting on the remake of Half Life 1.

Overheal wrote: »
    Still waiting on the remake of Half Life 1.

Im beginning to think Black Mesa is never gonna happen. Im waiting for that to begin another run through the series :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shenmue, either a complete remake of the 1st game or a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Anything decent from RARE. Conkers Bad Fur Day 2,Perfect Dark 2, Killer Instinct 3....I can only dream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A lot of those Rare games aren't as good as you remember. Conkers is pretty poor, Perfect Dark has dated badly and we already got the awful PDZ and both killer instinct games weren't all that good either.

Now Blast Corp 2 and Jet Force Gemini 2 I would get excited about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

alundra
    alundra 2 was poor. the first one in 2d was better.

pwd wrote: »
    alundra

Not only have you excellent taste but you are also in luck since I believe Gaijin Works are working on a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

A lot of those Rare games aren't as good as you remember. Conkers is pretty poor, Perfect Dark has dated badly and we already got the awful PDZ and both killer instinct games weren't all that good either.

Now Blast Corp 2 and Jet Force Gemini 2 I would get excited about.

I'll agree about PDZ. That and Conker Live and Reloaded were ****e.

I'll also agree that Perfect Dark is horribly dated, but back then it was probably the greatest console shooter available. And conkers bad fur day? The multiplayer in that alone was so fun and unique. Rare used to be such amazing developers. It is really is a pity that they've gone so far down hill in recent years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not only have you excellent taste but you are also in luck since I believe Gaijin Works are working on a remake.

REALLY?! That game takes me back

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on the last retronauts podcast that it was being remaded. Victor Ireland is head of Gaijinworks and it was his original company Working Designs that localised Alundra for America and also did the recent reimagining of Blaster Master.

Advertisement