Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite parody song

Options
  • 08-08-2002 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Whats your favourite parodys of real songs?Two that spring to mind is Cos I Got Sky(parody of afroman-cos i got high)and The Bleets Original Farmer Material(a la The Streets Original Pirate material).Please post links to audio if possible for your favourites-its no fun if the rest of us havent heard it;)
    Cos I Got Sky was available on the today FM site.I dunno where the Bleets track is but its funny enough and should keep you entertained for 2 plays at least.Plays regularly on chrs moyles show,BBC Radio 1,Weekdays 3 till 5:40. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52711&highlight=freeway
    Thats the lyrics to Roy Keane to the tune of Stan by Eminem-not sure if it were recorded but its an entertaining read
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

remember chris moyles' parody of stan by eminem?

that was funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Ashamed to admit it but I liked 'Mick McCarthy's Baby' done to the tune of 'Lazy' by David Byrne/Xpress 2. It seems a bit dated after the World now but I thought it was hilarious at the time.

Somebody definitely should have released the Roy Keane version of 'Stan' at the time (of it wasn't done already). That was class!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

For sheer irony, Fantomas playing the Omen Theme live, "for all the black metal idiots in the audience".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

The album " Our Kid Eh" by The Shire Horses ( Mark and Lard ) is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Any Weird Al Yankovic song is excellent. Two that spring to mind are "Amish Paradise" (Gangster's Paradise) and "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay" (I Want it that Way) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Any Weird Al Yankovic song is excellent. Two that spring to mind are "Amish Paradise" (Gangster's Paradise) and "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay" (I Want it that Way) :D

Classics both. And that Star Wars American Pie song (think it was called something like "The Saga Begins")

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I love the spoof of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" - "Make My Boobies One More Size"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

No good(start to dance)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

and the weird al parody of Michael Jackson's song Beat It, called Eat It.

Also the new fm104 song that parodys will smith's Men In Black. Cant remember how it goes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Denis Leary's Traditional Irish Folk Song. Funny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Caught Me One Handed

i love it. it's a piss take of the Shaggy song, It Wasn't Me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Weird Al's a cracker :)
    Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Caught Me One Handed

i love it. it's a piss take of the Shaggy song, It Wasn't Me
    That's feckin excellent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Beer Run by Brocket 99. Now that's a funny song. I don't know the song it's a parody of though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Not forgetting "Star Trek Rhapsody".

Warp seven? No! That still is way too slow!

Um, yeah. It makes me laugh, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Smells like NIrvana &Livin La Vida Yoda by Wierd Al again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"Beer (Parody of Sunscreen" Denis leary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Chris Morris "Uncle ****ér" as well as "Myra"...pulled the píss out of the Pixies and Pulp...

Sheer genius...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

current favorite is
    the bleats-original farmyard material

all time has to be Just a gigalo by david lee roth.
    and
    Yoda by wierd al

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Spinal Tap - Stonehenge :D

"In ancient times, millions of years before the dawn of 'istory,
    there lived an ancient race of people....the Druids!
    Nobody knew, who they were or....what....they were doing..."

Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Dunno if "Startrekkin'" (by The Firm) can count but if it does I'm adding it to the list. Brilliant. Crap (but good) video, catchy chorus - what more can you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Gaagh! Weird Al did not write "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay" or "What if God Smoked Cannabis"!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Weird Al (again) - He Got The Wrong Foot Amputated

Parody of Offspring's Come Out And Play. Though it has nothing to do with the original song. Just has the same melody, or whatever...

"He Got The Wrong Foot Amputated" is by Bob Rivers, not Weird Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Billy Connolly's "The Evil Scotsman" parody of Alanis Morisette's "Once Hand in My Pocket"

He has another parody of George Michael's Faith but the lyrics are about George Michael's little episode with the cops.. so funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by modular
    "He Got The Wrong Foot Amputated" is by Bob Rivers, not Weird Al
    Oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Because I Got Sky by Mario Rosenstock. Bleedin' bangin'.

List of Weird Al songs

If it's not on the list, it's not by Weird Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

all time has to be Just a gigalo by david lee roth.

NOOOOO!

That's not a parody! It's a great jazz song!

It was written by Louis Prima and made popular by Benny Goodman (and his big bandy band!) back in the 50's sometime, if memory serves...

Chris Morris "Uncle ****ér" as well as "Myra"...pulled the píss out of the Pixies and Pulp...

Good call on "Myra"... I'm a big Chris Morris fan, so I have to add JLB-8's "Little White Butt". Not cause it's from the paedophilia special (please don't slate me on that, this post (and thread) is nothing to do with that!), but rather cos of the effort put into it...

DJ Bob Hoskins going mental in a dustbin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Redleslie

Chris Morris's 'Motherbanger' Pixies parody is spot on. As are the Day Today's parodies of Nirvana (they do sanitary towel ad - Panty Smile to the tune of Teen Spirit) and gangsta rap (Fur Q - Uzi Luvva).

Other notable Spinal Tap songs are The Majesty Of Rock

The Majesty of Rock!
    The Mystery of Roll!
    The darning of the sock,
    The scoring of the goal!
    The farmer takes a wife,
    The barber takes a pole,
    We're in this together...and ever...

and The Sun Never Sweats

You knew you met your master, when I made you stay at home.
    Woman. Whatever made you roam?

and Bitch School, which as a washington post journalist discovered, is not sexist at all.

Bravin: Let's talk about Bitch School. Some critics are suggesting that this song is demeaning to women.
    Nigel: We've heard that before, and it's frankly a mystery to us, because if you have half a brain, you'd realize the song is about dogs. It's not about women at all.
    Bravin: Some of the lyrics that have been cited: "I'm gonna chain you/ Make you sleep out of doors/ You're so fetching when you're down on all fours/ And when you hear your master/ You will come a little faster, thanks to/ Bitch School."
    Derek: See, it's about dog training.
    Nigel: That's all. It's about training, about the discipline of our female dogs.
    David: Man's best friend.
    Nigel: And we, the three of us, are longtime dog lovers. It's an ode, really.
    Bravin: Then why are there no dogs in the video? Instead, you have a woman in leather and fishnet stockings using whips and chains to discipline a school filled with young women in skimpy clothes.
    Derek: If it had been up to us, it would have been all dogs. The place would have been crawling with them.

Advertisement