Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny Hopping

Options
  • 08-08-2002 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Will somebody please be able to tell me how to Bunny Hop in Quake iii because i have searched on a few sites and they say nothing or are pointless.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You cant bunny hop in straight quake3, you'll need the Challenge pro mode mod for that. You can strafe jump however. Easy enough, just hold a strafe key and forward together, and jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Genesis

Thnx,Does strafe jumping make you go much faster (speed 2X?)
    so....how do u do it in Challenge pro mode mod then??

BTW,
    do character such as tank jr ,bones etc. have any special charactistics???,seeing that Tank jr is a much larger target then the likes of bones???,does he make up for it in other areas???

,and tank jr seems that bit slower then the likes of anarki and alike.(i personally i seem to think that he has a better jump thn the rest ):eek:

The bots act different. But i think the boundng boxes are all the same.
    Strafe jumping makes you about 2 or 3 times faster, could be more, but it depends where your doing it.
    Bunny hopping in Challenge pro mode would involve doing strafe jumps to gain initial speed, and then when you have enough speed, let go of forward, then jump, and then turn and strafe in the same direction in midair. The turn and strafing must be done in the same direction, like when your in midair, turn right slowlyish using the mouse, while hold down the strafe right button. Then just as you land press jump again, and do the same in the opposite direction, you do not need to press forward after you start the bunny hops, it will stop you from gaining speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

when you play the bots, they all have diff characteristics - favouring diff weapons and stuff. But it doesn't make any real difference what model you use - since that just determines what you look and sound like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I think he meant, when choosing your skins.

yeah i meant when choosing your skins,thnx ivan

Thnx Giblet for telling me how to Bunny hop

Can you do it?

Not really i kinda have the strafe jump ,and i am still trying the bunny hopping,it's tricky:)

Advertisement