Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Editing old Community Forum posts

• 09-08-2002 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of editing posts on the old community forums.
    Namely this one here...
    http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000281.html

I just want to edit out the e-mail address of mine that appears on the c.13th post on that thread. I noticed it came up on google when I searching for something else.

TIA :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've (re)moved the old posts, they should all be accessible from vB anyway.

J.
    --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by 80project
    I noticed it came up on google when I searching for something else.

You were trying to find out how many times your name came up, were'nt you (sad:D)

What kind of an idiot would do that?

(dammit, only one mention for me on the first page - how will my new friends find me now:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

It was actually an after thought to this post. I've been getting fierce amounts of spam to @stauntonline addys (which that one was) so I'm trying to weed out any potential sources :)

--
    John,
    I still cant edit it in VB.

Heres the link...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=261758#post261758

It could the 80project vs 80project.com username issue again !?
    or is everyone still able to edit their posts pre-vb!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Deleted the address

Everyone's listed as "guest" so I'd say only a mod or admin could edit/delete.

Damned annoying being added to spam lists that way - one of my more favourite addresses still gets spam from my being fool enough to sign one or two guestbooks using it and popping it on the front of the UL debating page a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thx Seamus.
    Hadnt thought about asking you.

Its a pain alright. I think the petitiononline.com site is the source for any spam to that addy. For a period they put up peeps email w/o their consent and then sent a mail to anyone who had ever signed a petition apolgising for the gaff:rolleyes:
    Whats annoying is it has hardly been given out and definitley not used for anything along the lines of "please send me info...".

If Ben Franklin were alive I might propse an annex to his 2 certainties in life...
    Death, Taxes and SPAM :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Hello dbc

Advertisement