Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem and divx problom

• 09-08-2002 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right ive 2 probloms firstly the modem one

( 2 different computers )

the modem dials up but cannot connect to any sites . im not sure whats wrong or even where to look for the solution . its win me and its a lucent modem

the divx problom

they were working now they have stopped . they work on other computers but for some reason all i get is a green screan and sound . ive re installed the codecs but not working yet .. anyone see this b4 ( win2k )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

Modem problem ..

1: Try a different ISP eg: Oceanfree 2434321
    2: Try dialing your mobile from phone dialer, if that works your modem is fine and its most likely a protocol problem.
    3: Make sure TCP/IP and client for MS networks is installed

DIVX problem ....

Try installing the newer version of DIVX (ver4 i think it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Regarding the modem :

When does it fail? (When Authenticating Name, Before? After?)
    Was it working before?
    If it was working perviously has anything changed?
    What ISPs are you trying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye should of said
    it connects to the net but dose not display any info wont ping also . im using oceanfree atm

divx version is 5 they were working this morning . tried reinstalling the codecs also got latest nemo pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

First thing i would suggest is either to recreate the DUN (Dial Up Networking) connection to Oceanfree or to try a different ISP and see if you have the same problems.

If you have the same problems you could try the latest driver at :

http://www.agere.com/support/client/modem_driver2.html

I'd recommend uninstalling the modem and reinstalling with the above driver if you go down that route.

will do now thx if it works i 0 u a pint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

I had a similar problem. I had to install the older codecs, then work up to divx5. Are you getting an error with media player? Are you getting a message about the divx dll?

no errors goes to play it plays sound find but wont show the pic .. its reely annoying .. was working 5 hrs ago

and i o u a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

woah, i never ask for anything for deceant help

ok, delete this and above post, was incredibly locked/pissed/whatever when i made it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I believe i've had the same or a similar problem with divx's and SmR's in the past - seems to be related to windows media player itself for me anyway, don't properly recognise that there is video there to be played. I use winamp3 or any other software that run's off the systems's codec's and they all seem to look at the file type and find the video stream for me and work away fine......

Hope that helps........real dodgy ****e :)

Advertisement