Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-Scream & Route Tables? Eircon B*****ds!

Options
  • 09-08-2002 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds :)
    I-Scream support wont help because its I-Scream solo package on a networked server (WinNT)!?! I mean ffs all i want is a wee bit of help.. but no! They couldnt be arsed (ie. "not our policy")....

Rant mode *OFF* :)

Anyhow, ive got I-scream installed (no thanks to eircon) and it connects gives me an IP etc, the only problem is i can get no net traffic to the machine at all, i cant browse ping or anything. The modem is the alcatel ethernet one and the following is my route table on the NT machine:

route_table.gif

Please could you help lads! I appreciate it :)

Ohh and does anyone know how to share this connect out to another machine or 2, perhaps via a proxy? :)

Cheers laeds!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

i imagine it is connecting so its just a comms error on the local machine. Attempt the following ping the local machine. ping the machine name. Next check hosts file doesnt have incorrect stuff in it for your local host. Next make sure the loopback adapter is configure correctly. Next type ipconfig /all and upload to this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

ummm...

route_table2.gif

oh dear... Ping works perfectly from other machines on the network to.
    What way should the loopback thingy be configured?

I cant get access to the modem ip either, no ping, no nothing (in case ive to config it, its 10.0.0.138).

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I see a 192.168.0.X network and a 192.168.1.X network.
    Is this machine connected to multiple subnets?
    There is also a mention on a 10.x.y.z network but this is probably the ip address that the Ethernet card connected to the DSL modem is using and is'nt relevent.
    I don't see any sign of any real internet addresses like 159.134.x.y that you should see with Eircom. Also there is no default gateway to the internet.
    To get it to work on the server itself.
    1. Take out all the network cards except the one connected to the DSL modem. Then try it.
    2. Now put the cards back in 1 at a time and set the ip addresses up. Don't put in a default gateway on any of the local LAN cards.
    To get it to work on other machines on your network you'll need to setup NAT.(Network address translation) or get some sort of proxy software like wingate.
    As for Eircom not helping, why would they its an NT related problem.

Yes its on multiple subnets (wan)
    I added the 10.0.0.138 to attempt to gain access to the modem.
    There is only 1 netwrk card in the machine. The modem i plugged into the hub via mdi-x port (it shows this configuration in the modem manual). I wondered about no 159.* ip myself. Check out the following.

route_table3.gif

Im gonna take out the default gateways from the card now.

Cheers!

Sorted!

I removed the default gateways from networking, rebooted and bob is now your uncle! :)

route_table4.gif

Thanks for the help laeds!

Now...

There seems to be no entries in dial-up networking anywhere for an i-stream dialup. How do i configure a proxy like Sambar (or any other) to use the i-stream connection (ie auto dial, disconnect or route other users through it).. ?

I-Scream uses enternet.exe to call up the connection window. Any ideas laeds?

Thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ahhh.

Here's the problem right here....

route_table3.JPG

Buncrana?? ADSL?? Mind-boggling!

Buncrana Shop ('WAN THE DONEGAL!)

|
    |
    |

128k Private Leased Line

|
    |
    |

Dublin Shop (mmm DSL)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Originally posted by Chief

There seems to be no entries in dial-up networking anywhere for an i-stream dialup. How do i configure a proxy like Sambar (or any other) to use the i-stream connection (ie auto dial, disconnect or route other users through it).. ?

I-Scream uses enternet.exe to call up the connection window. Any ideas laeds?
    [/B]

Try losing Enternet and installing RasPPPoE - homepage is (http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~normanb/). Works a treat with i-stream and looks like a DUN modem to Windows.
    One thing to watch out for is the warning if you have installed MS's Remote Access Service Security Update

HTH,
    MK.

Advertisement