Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane >> Ocean Colour Scene

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jumbde

There's talk of another "good" band to be confirmed...they apparently played at witness, n e 1 have n e ideas bout that?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

Are they not leaving it a bit late for this .I decided early on to not go to slane (only 2 bands sort of like to see) so if a good band came up I might not be able to go .Shame any how.If you all fell sorry for me you can send me the funds to go :) Cash and all major credit cards accpected!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jumbde

which 2 bands would u kinda like 2 see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

have to admit ocs are the reason im goin to slane
    also like counting crows
    the phonics are not the best act to headline slane in the last 5/6 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by bozzie
    the phonics are not the best act to headline slane in the last 5/6 years
    they will do a better job than Bryan Adams and The Verve. they were crap. i have been at all concerts in slane since '98 and they were the worst headline act ever for a major concert. i'm going again this year.

the phonics will be ok but won't be great either

• Advertisement

Well, its now post slane and I have to say it wasn't bad at all. Phonics were alright, not bad but not great. Nickelback were the best I think. The revs did a good set and Counting Crows were good aswell. I got the water Nickelback were throwing out and I got the drummers stick (what are they called?) from stereophonics but some knacker robbed it off me :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

got a call yesterday morning of the sort "ere man you coming to
    slane? i got free tickets" .. fifteen minutes later i'm on my way, which was probably the last place i expected to be (consider i despise nearly all the acts).

either way, was a bloody great day, although spent an hour and a half queuing to get in, in the process missing doves, the only band i would have liked to see.

we arrived just as ocean colour scene were getting on stage and when i seen the bouncy bungy trampoline things over the far right of the said "screw that.. time to bounce", they didn't sound the best anyway.

counting crows are terrible, i really can't understand how people like them. horribly bland, inoffensive crap... your mans cover of that oasis song was enjoyable though and got the crowd going.

nickelback were ridiculously contrived ****e, using quite possibly every stereotype in the Big Book of Rock, when the first flames came on stage behind them we actually fell over laughing, bloody hilarious, wide-stanced guitarists (to the point where they're doing the splits), "i came to ireland cos i hear you guys can drink, whooooo!", that said we had a great time ripping the piss the whole way through the show.. and on the fun side of things was the best act the whole day :)

the 'phonics sounded a lot better than when i'd heard them last (at the point last nov/dec).. they as per usual started off well, first half an hour was a bit of fun playing most of their singles and then went into a load of pants slow stuff that sort of killed the atmosphere. the crowd was ridiculously packed for them as well... so we left at their second last song to avoid the exit crowds.

oh yeah, the women weren't too bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Jabba
    I got the drummers stick (what are they called?)

Don't die of shock when you read this but they are called .... drumsticks.

Advertisement