Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tabs?

Options
  • 09-08-2002 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

The question is are guitar Tabs turning a future generation of guitarists to poo. This dawned on me majorly last night when i was playing with this guy who never read tab in his life and could improvise like nothing on earth and poor moi (of the tab generation) couldent get a lick in with him.
    What is your opinion.

Tabs? 3 votes

Yesseery bob
    0% 0 votes
    Definitly not
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

No, because if you're by nature happy just getting through with tabs alone then you probably weren't going to be a proficent guitar player anyway.

Anyone who learns to play guitar correctly or instinictively won't be happy with tabs for long so I don't think encountering them would be the equivilant of meeting a stopping point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tabs should only be used to learn a vVery hard song in a limited amount of time, say before a practice or something, when you were supposed to have been learning the song, but didn't.
    Constant use of tabs will make you gay.

Advertisement