Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e-mail notification on 2 seperate address

• 09-08-2002 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi

I would like to recive my e-mail notification on two seperate e-mail address, Home and work.

Would this be possable?

Would any one else like to see it happen?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ignoring the question

you could turn on the popup box in your preferences if it would help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi Lads
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I know about that pop up box but my net connection is restricted.
    What i want is for the e-mail to be sent to my work e-mail as well as home.
    That way when i am in work i can see if any thread i am in is active.

I started this thread to ask the MODs if there was any thing they coud do in terms of account setup.

Mercury_Tilt i would love to know how you did that.

Thanks
    Eóin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you're using Outlook at work it's nice and easy to set up a rule that will forward a mail from a specific address (like "dan@spinsol.com", where all the boards notifications seem to come from) to your home address (handy as all those work related "hilarious mails" won't clog up your home account). Might well solve the problem.

I'm guessing you've access to the web at work using only a shared PC you have to fight for but have proper access to your work address through Outlook or something similar (reminds me of the poor chaps on the top floor when I was in an accounting office in Limerick). You can't get at your work address from home using Outlook web access then? (lazy sysadmins sometimes don't even think of the idea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi

sceptre in work we use lotus notes 5.
    The company is a large american corp. POP accounts are not let through the firewall (Based in USA).

I guess i will have to live with out it.

Eóin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Prolly a stupid suggestion here, but http://eprompter.com/ allows you to retrive emails from any pop3 a/c. It also allows you to compose from that pop address as well.

But seeing as your firewalled........

Advertisement