Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Lewis & Jacob Golden

Options
  • 09-08-2002 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Was anybody at their gig last night at Whealan's?
    If so, what did you think, i thought Jeffrey Lewis was brillant and i loved his 'music videos'!, unfortunately i had to leave at 11 so i missed a lot of Jacob Goldens set, but he was still good from what i saw.
    Does anybody know the name of the support band that where on before Jeffrey Lewis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

That was The Chalets from Dublin. They were great weren't they? Really liked Jeffrey too. I must say Jacob Golden was a little disappointing. His album is quite good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 passthesalt

Yeah Jeff rocked the hizzhouse. I have to agree, his 'music videos' were pretty cool...better than cool. I really liked that one about the girl he met on the street and talked to about Leonard Cohen - chelsea hotel i think twas. His bassist was a dang looker too. Hubba hubba.

And the Chalets were nuts fantastico! I had wanted to see em live for a while and last night was the moment of truth. Boy did they ever pass the test...colours flyin all over the shop.

I have to say that i agree with Petey Pie and think Jacob Golden was a little dissappointing, i kinda think Jeffrey Lewis should o been top o the bill.

And as for the first dude...he was in a baaaaaaaaad mood.

But good night over all, and a mucho especial thankingyous to the Chalets for cutting it loose like only they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Thanks so much for telling me the name of the support band. They were so good and i cant wait to see them again.

I thought Jeff was headling when i read about the gig and i was surprised when he wasn't.

The song about Leonard Cohen is called 'The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song' , its on his album which you can get in Road for 12.99, its a super duper album!

Passthesalt i totally agree on your comments on the bass player, what a fox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dilbot

Thanks for the kind words people. Just to let you know the chalets will next play at Wonky 2 in the Guinness Storehouse on Saturday 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Darn! I m not going to be here for that. Have you got a website?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dilbot

Advertisement