Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thrills to support Morrissey

Options
  • 09-08-2002 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

I see The Thrills have confirmed that they wil support Morrissey at the albert hall in london.Does anyone reckon these rich kids from blackrock are any good.Will this be the stepping stone for them or will they dissapear without a trace?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

saw them supportting turn a few weeks ago and thought nothing of them...actually i did, i thought they were really poor...really boring...no stage presence...no nothing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 passthesalt

Yeah ive seen those guys play a couple of times and theyve been pure awful, not THRILL;)ing at all. They seem like real poseurs, veritable ooze-pots of pretention guilded with shameless affectations. And its not just the image that does my nut in, the music is bloody terrible, really bland and lacking any innovation or charisma. In fact, if i hadnt needed to stay for turn, i wouldve probably left. They definitely aint happening. I cant believe they got a gig with Morrisey, theres only one explanation...those guys must give some damn fine head.

Oooh, that was way harsh Tai.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I think The Thrills are brilliant! They did a gig last Wed and the place was quite full so other people must think they are good because everyone i've spoken too about them hates their music.

How can you say their music lacks innovation when they use a banjo in their set, how many rock/indie/alterative bands use banjos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Come on Travis have a song featuring a banjo

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

BiZrb - just because they use a banjo, does not make them a great band, or even innovative for that matter. Fair play to them for getting out there and gigging, and getting a great gig with Morrissey, but please don’t say that just cos they use a banjo we should all start singing their praises! Personally, I’ve played a gig with them once, but I wasn’t that impressed – they just aren’t my kinda thing, which doesn't make them a bad band. It's just my opinion. Fair play again, they’re all great musicians, but that doesn’t necessarily make a great band either. Anyway, best of luck to them, and I’m sure they’ll suit the likes of a Morrissey gig well, but thrilling, they ain’t!

• Advertisement
Advertisement