Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Sour: You Dicide

Options
  • 09-08-2002 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I think they are cool. I recently listened to it on kerrang ( Get inside) and I have to say I might like this. Even though the lead singer is corey Taylor from slipknot and the guitarist is Jim Root (Or mick tompson) is in it. Plus they don't wear masks (which makes me like em more)!

Slipknot's first album was OK. But I allways hated the fact they wore masks and thier second album was **** in a case. It seems Slipknot are breaking up slowly (yay) and they are all making really good bands (and they don't have masks which is brilliant).:D

What do you make of em? 4 votes

It's just slipknot again...****
    0% 0 votes
    Might be something good....
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steve M

I dont agree with what you said about Slipknot but hey everyone has a different opinion. But your bang about Stone Sour they ****ing rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Satan's Kitten

i think slipknot ****in own, so i like the side projects. i've only heard that stone sour song a few times, but it does seem to sound alot like slipknot, which aint a bad thing. joey jordisons band kicks ass too. dead in hollywood is a ****in good song! aint that tim root on guitare for stone sour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Yeah it's jim root. I don't make much of murder doll for they sound just like marilyn manson...witch is a very bad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by Drunk pirate
    witch is a very bad thing

I personally have nothing against witches. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've not heard Stone Sour yet, so I'm holding off my vote until I hear it, but I my expectations are rather low, judging from the Murderdolls. It seems odd that a musician that is touted as being really underground, and big into the extreme side of metal has chosen not to do anything related to what he claims are his main infuences, but instead has carbon-copied another sensation of the 14 year old hoodie squad. :confused:

I will be fair, and say there is a bit of the punk influence in Murderdolls, but that could just be because punk is a bit popular with said hoodie squad? Could I be talking ****?

But I'm not holding on for any kind of revelation with Stone Sour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Satan's Kitten

joey, tripp and there little freak friends r totally on the other end of everything so u dont need to worry bout stone sour being a disapointment in comparison (i am aware i cant spell for ****) to them. stone sours first release strikes me as soundin a bit like metallica, or at least that era of music. murderdolls is gone further back before manson. they do sound like manson and for me thats a good thing. i love manson in all his freakishness! i love when ppl for some reason confuse him wit charles manson, its so funny! i think joey's done well for himself wit that lota crazies and not that i'm any kinda expert or anything, but he aint that bad wit a guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

If they're anyhing like Slipknot I have the intention of staying well clear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 darque

Well I'm not sure if I'm gonna really like Stone Sour or not yet but as for this exact moment in time my opinion is: they're not a complete disaster, I mean your obviously gonna get some Slipknot spew what with Corey and Jim but if they could manage to swallow the backwash (which would surprise me!) then I think they could end up a pretty decent attribute!

But as I've mentioned the above opinion is subject to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

What I've heard seems good. I'm glad he decided to put his great voice to better use than shouting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

It seems like a lot of you have only listened to Get Inside.

I recommend listening to Bother. Then tell me if Stone Sour sound like Slipknot.
    Maybe Inhale, but its risky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They sound like slipknot in as much as it's the same singer....
    I think they're good, saw the video last night it's pretty cool, better than the ****E the murderdolls released! That just makes me cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I really like that Get Inside song from Stone Sour. I agree that Corey's voice is put to better use than it is in any 'knot track.

My opinion towards the Murderdolls isn't very high. I reckon they sound too much like Manson. Before I heard the song I expected something fresh what with Joey playing guitar and all, but I was kinda dissapointed.

Ken whats all this hoodie squad bull shit all about then? Hoodies fucking rule, they are comfy and warm. I would regard you as rather ignorant and judgemental if u decided not to wear a hoodie because more Korn and Slipknot fans wear them than fucking loser goths who actually try to be scary (Sad fucking bastards really aren't they?).

You've never confronted me over my hoodies? Why not? Ur supposed to be scary, your a goth; or is it all a facade? Something to cover up what you really are. I and other hoodie wearing folk wear our hoodies because we like to wear clothes with band logos that we like on them. We dont pretend to be anything.

Advertisement