Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Thread Button

Options
  • 10-08-2002 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah its up there to the top right of the forum page, you click on it and you can open a new thread regarding a discussion that might have innocently arisen from another thread without dragging that thread off topic - marvellous stuff they come up with these days.
    Awwww, come on, stay and play!

Seeing as you put it like that I just cant resist- thats plus too many, but how and ever:x
    You might find it less objectionable if you thought about it for a moment. You'd then realize that a paltry percentage of your taxes devoted to healthcare go to treating narcotic addiction. Or indeed any harmful substance- a sum a hundred times as large goes towards treating the victims of unhealthy eating/living/lack of exercise. Why isn't that moronic behavior to you Sand? It isn't brought on by a moment of madness, nor is it enforced by physical addiction. A momentary idiotic decision compared with day upon day upon day of moronic behavior- and the every-day moron gets the care according to you. As I said, if you're going to implement distasteful and amoral policies, you at the very least need to be consistent with their subject content.

Bob I can safely say my taxes go to pay for a lot of **** that i disagree with, and that your taxes go to pay for a lot of **** you disagree with. But what the hell- its not like we have much say where our taxes go compared to lobby groups in a representitive democracy.
    Unless of course, you're arguing that ignorance is an acceptable defence for moronic behavior

Id consider overeating to the point of obesity to be dumb. Id consider the taking of addictive drugs to be moronic. Call me old fashioned....
    The only reason we're running around in circles here Sand, is because you're failing to address a pair of fairly basic, commonsense questions.

Actually its got more to do with the fact that I think junkies are morons and you think they need to be saved from themselves - nanny state should stop them doing what junkies want to do in the first place eh Dev? Can I convince you that junkies are morons who get whats coming to them? Yet your convinced you can convince me theyre poor dears who never knew what they were getting into. Rather arrogant?
    1) DeV's question- Where do you draw the line in terms of who is given access to treatment and who is turned away?

K, just for you Bob - and Dev so you dont feel left out.

1) You hammer nails into your dick youre just plain moronic- you might find a sympathetic doctor but it sure as hell wont be me. Same goes for junkies. Dont tell me anyone starts up on drugs unaware of the risk theyre taking. If theyre unaware then theyre too dumb to be much of a loss to society anyway.

2) You get injured due to the actions of another or due to some freak accident then fine- **** happens.

Satisfied? - probably not, I await with baited breath your desperate attempts to bemoan my lack of empathy with junkies.
    but personally I'm glad you don't decide who lives and who dies Sand.

Its okay- Im at least 5 steps away from political power in my plan to take over the world:x , this whole thread has split off into a sub topic about your objections to my opinon. Im still allowed to have an opinion that doesnt match yours, right?
    Why then did you post it on a public *discussion* forum. Sounds to me like you want to run away because the bad men have cornered you and made you look stupid.

Dev youre taking this far too personally. I suggest you chill out for a bit and consider the possibility that people mightnt agree with your views on junkies. As for the quote you refer to I was merely aware of the fact that the thread was getting dragged off topic - maybe Im weird but Ive got this curious idea about not trying to deliberately drag threads off topic in what amount to pissing contests. If you were seriously interested in tacking me why dont you pm me? Youre not showboating for the crowd are you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Junkies are moron scum. Alcoholics are moron scum. Actually, when you think about it, anyone who drinks alcohol or smokes cigarrettes is a moron. Theyre the worst drugs in society. Everyone knows that people get violent when they drink, and they screw up at work which is bad for the economy. If anyone chooses not to look after themselves then good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Turnip
    Alcoholics are moron scum. Actually, when you think about it, anyone who drinks alcohol or smokes cigarrettes is a moron.

Wow. So all those doctors who now classify alcoholism as a disease must also be morons.

This is the second topic where my response is identical :

Stop trolling, or get a clue. Your pick.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Originally posted by bonkey
    Wow. So all those doctors who now classify alcoholism as a disease must also be morons.
    It's a self inflicted "disease". It's not like the mumps. These morons know the dangers of drugs but theyre so selfish, they just want to have a good time and expect someone else to pay to clean up after them. Crazy.

Advertisement