Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ag. Need stuff to do.

Options
  • 10-08-2002 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So, i'm going to Glasgow for a week in 2 hours. So, does anyone know of any interseting shops/things to do? I'm looking for comic shops/anything worth it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Rules for a successful stay in Glasgow:

#1. Do not retaliate to any religious related insults.
    #2. Do not promote the fact you're Irish and / or Catholic (if you are).
    #3. Sample the chippers, they're excellent.
    #4. Have fun.
    #5. Try and see some of Scotland outside of Glasgow, especially Edinburgh if you can.
    #6. Do not wear a Celtic or Rangers jersey. Just don't.

These were drawn up by my friend who spent a week there, but from the couple of days I spent is Glasgow I feel they hold up fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    Rules for a successful stay in Glasgow:

#1. Do not retaliate to any religious related insults. ( I ain't religious.)
    #2. Do not promote the fact you're Irish and / or Catholic (if you are).(see #1)
    #3. Sample the chippers, they're excellent.(ug, chips.)
    #4. Have fun.( Kinda hard. Although I DID spend 70 sterling in forbidden planet.)
    #5. Try and see some of Scotland outside of Glasgow, especially Edinburgh if you can.(yay!Edinburgh!!!)
    #6. Do not wear a Celtic or Rangers jersey. Just don't.
    *shudders at the thought of wearing such clothes*
    These were drawn up by my friend who spent a week there, but from the couple of days I spent is Glasgow I feel they hold up fairly well.

Ack, im going to some restaurant for some fancy thing,and the only thing ive got that's remotely fancy is the SexyJumper™

Hehe, you'll be grand. I own not a single item of dressy clothing, no slacks, shirts or any of that business. Not because of any real reason other than I just never got around to buying any. Although, I did buy a pair of slacks for school this year so I guess I do own some slacks. They're really cool though, they're black and they cost me like €95 so they better look good on me ... I only tried them on once, I just gotta wait to get my white school shirts to see how they look together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Ye gods, some people actually endevour to look fetching in school uniform? Well, best of luck to you matey me old mucker.

I never look fetching. Ever. But getting up on a monday morning is made that slight bit better when you're safe in the knowledge you're at least dressed well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

personally i don't give a damn how i look. i just grab the nearest clothes and throw them on.

3 days ago, I wore a black t-shirt over a grey long-sleeved t-shirt and black jeans,
    2 days ago, I wore a black t-shirt over a grey long-sleeved t-shirt and black jeans,
    Yesterday, I wore a black t-shirt over a grey long-sleeved t-shirt and black jeans,
    Today, I wore a black t-shirt over a grey long-sleeved t-shirt and black jeans,
    Tomorrow- Well, you get the point.

Huzzah, I could be a cartoon character!

Two days ago I wore navy and a tee shirt from the Coffee Shop in Amsterdam.

Yesterday I wore navy pants (different ones), a grey long sleeved top and a navy tee shirt.

Today I wore grey pants and a navy tee shirt.

Tomorrow I plan on wearing the same thing I wore yesterday 'cos it's all clean and fresh and out of the wash now. Yay! :)

When you say 'pants' am I to understand underwear-wise or trooser-wise? And speaking of pants...

HERE'S MR PANTS! W00T! ET CETERA!

Trousers. Cacks. Pants. Jocks. Etc.

• Advertisement

*Shudder* Ooooh, the vile Americanisation... why, if troosers and pants were one and the same, well, well... um... well, Mr Pants wouldn't be half as alluring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

ah yes, WhereIsMyMind speaks like a true lazy-person....
    i wear whatever is closest to my bed and doesn't smell.
    oh, and the hat.
    but thats a given.

Yeah, but there's a difference Theresa .. when you do it you look sexy (I assume / am told) however WIMM/Ronan/Plasticman just looks like a serial killer. Only messin' Tumbo, you know I think you're sex on wheels.

WHAT?!:confused: sexy? ahahahahahahhaha! erm, no.
    and i like ronan!
    he was sound at the reunion when i talked to him for oh....five minues....but i liked him nonetheless!
    not a serial killer to look at, but if he is a real life serial killer, then i want to meet him again!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Originally posted by Hat Girl

i wear whatever is closest to my bed and doesn't smell.
    oh, and the hat.

ROTFLAO

beg to differ sweetheart
    i seem to recall you dithering over what sweatshirt to put on to sit inthe corridor at 2am.
    And if I could have back all the time I spent in you're room listening to "The ONE" while you changed outfits I would have.... a small but substantial amount of time.

He has that slouched shoulders / long hair / straight back thing going on, that's a serial killer look. Either way, yes, Tumbo rocks. Speaking of which, where the hell did you get to during the reunion today? You just dissapeared suddenly. We contemplated a manhunt but just went back to talking about ****e. We still love you though!

Originally posted by pretty*monster

ROTFLAO

beg to differ sweetheart
    i seem to recall you dithering over what sweatshirt to put on to sit inthe corridor at 2am.
    ahem, thaat was on the last night, and i was packing so i didnt want extra effort of repacking anything particularly hard to squash into suitcase! ha!

And if I could have back all the time I spent in you're room listening to "The ONE" while you changed outfits I would have.... a small but substantial amount of time.

you liked that song! dont complain!

If it's The One by the Foo Fighters then it is a brilliant song that simply must be seen live to be truly apreciated, but apart from that song Foo Fighters suck live. Sorry, they just do. The One does partially redeem them, but apart from that ... meh!

Oh it's a great song i was just pointing out that Theresa,much as I love her, is a liar.

kate!
    not true!
    am hurt now!

• Advertisement

i only lie when in pursuit of fresh male flesh because i will be alone forever so i need to try get some, goddammit!
    no, really kate....i am hurt now.

Don't be hurt honey, I still love ya. And I know of at least five fellas, myself included, who would be yours tomorrow if yeh asked them. So be happy!

read your private messages bob.
    i'm not a happy camper at the moment.

Originally posted by Hat Girl
    i only lie when in pursuit of fresh male flesh because i will be alone forever so i need to try get some, goddammit!
    no, really kate....i am hurt now.

Aw come on sweetheart now I feel bad. You know that I love you and am mean because I'm bored and bitter, not because I want to hurt you, and certainly not because there's any truth in it.
    And as for ending up alone, alow me to say "HA."
    You're pretty, and smart, and fun as hell to be around.

why didnt i kiss kate when i had the chance?
    WHY????
    oh yeah.
    SHJE WOULDNT LET ME!!!
    arrgh...but i think i was a homophobe anyway so bleurghy bleurgh
    and now i'm backl from france and i am HAPPY! Happy happy happy

*crawls away deranged, muttering 'happy' and twitching...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

ah well.

btw, checly checky wit da PMs, people!!!!

Advertisement