Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you go on a big snowboarding trip?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Nice pics alright, the strippers/the ass and sharon all rock. The pictures of ye however were ehh interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tiki_dud

ok im from canada and by far the best snowboarding place is lake louise i go there at least five times every winter and for about a week at a time. ive been to almost every canadian resort and his by far is the best one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Man, I never saw those pics till now!

Shame I got no boarding done on the trip :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

34tn.jpg

Tee hee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Would love to go but I'm more of a snowblade fan myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Bullockshaver

Skiing is just best sport ever. Im heading to the Ski Welt region in Austria next year for the season. Going over in december to get my ski instructors license. Any 1 else doing anything similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I shall probably be spending a few days in the ski welt region as well. Have you got that licence before? It is supposed to be quite difficult to get! I also know someone who got it last year but he didn't get all that much work!

Ive found out loads about it you dont need to be an unbelievable skier to pass the course but need fairly decent german. I was in Westendorf in Feb and found out loads. Dont understand u if u pass the course you will be working for the season unless you get fired i suppose. Maybe your friend was doing private tution lessons ill be hoping for group teaching

Its my first time im only 17

Originally posted by Bullockshaver
    Ive found out loads about it you dont need to be an unbelievable skier to pass the course but need fairly decent german. I was in Westendorf in Feb and found out loads. Dont understand u if u pass the course you will be working for the season unless you get fired i suppose. Maybe your friend was doing private tution lessons ill be hoping for group teaching
    I was in Söll for a week last season and I'm not so sure about needing german as you say. Söll seemed to me to be an Austrian village populated by Irish, English Dutch and a few germans. Having German (or even their local version of it :D) would obviously be no harm though.

The guy I know probably did as you say as I think he was hired out privately to smaller schools and occasionally private groups.

Anyways, good luck with it and eh don't break a leg!

/ me hides and hopes Devore doesn't read this!

• Advertisement

Oh how i remember the good old days in Soll in the Eggerwirt. There was few excellent runs underneath the gondola back to the village was really demanding run. This year they got rid of the old shaky 1man chair lift to the Hoche Salve replaced it with a high speed Gondola. When were you last in Soll

February.

Up top there's some nice runs but the last run down to the village is really dangerous at the end of the day. When it's relatively freshly prepared it's a lovely run but boy does it get icy at the end of the day. Same for the red run at the top of Hohe Salve. The black run next to it is actually easier as they seem to be much the same run in terms of steepness but the black one isn't cut up as much. Actually now that I think of it the blue run to the bottom ain't much fun at day's end either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 weirdear

Anybody been to Zell Em Zee?

Any tips our reviews?

Usually board in France and went to Livigno last year (bottle of smirnoff €6) excellent.......

How is the organising going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

just thought i'd tell yee, I know relatives that have been there, all came back with a *very positive* experience. Everything as cheap as p#ss. Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

weirdear wrote:
    went to Livigno last year (bottle of smirnoff €6) excellent.......

Just in case you are there again, you can actually get a litre of smirnoff vodka for €4.30(I bought 10)
    I found the shop between lift 18 and 17 to be the cheapest, its an offlicence, I think its next door to a lingere shop. Its at the mountain side of the street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Howdy all,
    Just wondering if anybodys knows of any big groups heading off this Jan for a snowboarding/skiing trip?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

I'll be going away this year to Söll or Westendorf, i wonder if anyone else here cares to join me there for 3 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

count me in, money going into the kitty right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭vines

out of interest, how is snowboarding an extreme sport? Surely this should be in the winter sports forum? unless you're planning on off-piste heli-boarding in uncharted territory?
    just curious :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 funcycle21

Snowboarding is as extreme as you want it to be! It's the most fun thing in the world, for one, and it's got so much variability that you can try just about anything (at least once...)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

I'd love this and would be there in a fit. However, I wouldn't get time off work, especially not in March :(

Advertisement