Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMEIRE.COM - The Irish CM4 Website

Options
  • 10-08-2002 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭

Welcome this thread is to keep everyone updated as to the progress of the new Championship Manager website.

I have decided on the name for the website which is to be CMEIRE.com since CMireland.com is taken.

So now we need a logo. I think it should have a the irish flag in it. As well as some CM reference.A new logo for CM4 is to be unveiled soon though so perhaps we should wait for that. but if we copy that SIGames could hit us hard.

I am working on a host for the site.

There is one problem. As i am only 21 yrs old i and still in college i cant get a credit card therefore we need someone to register the domain name for us.

If people want to email their ideas for the site and perhaps templates for the site.
    You can email at this address
    Thats all for now folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Cool, good idea. Hope it takes off.

(Henri Scheweleff, Arjen Robben, Carlos Jacques, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Cherno Samba... best youngsters in the game ;p)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by irishgeo
    If people want to email their ideas for the site and perhaps templates for the site.
    You can email at this address
    Thats all for now folks.

you`re missing the point slightly about the forum thing, see we all share our ideas here and we`re bound to pull a design together see.

Basically you need to round up all the folk who said they`d help and get them in here. Starting this of will be the hardest thing.

Setting the site completion and up and running goal of the cm4 release is good, we`re sure to have it ready by then.

But we(i know i keep saying that) really would need to have a domain, hosting sorted out soon.

Designs and logos are easy enough to come by, i have loads lying around.

Yea, sure you could get a private board set up on boards.ie if theres enough support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Shop around the webhosting board,if you talk nice you mite blagg yourself some free hosting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Irish Geo,
    It might be prudent *not* to tell the folk of boards.ie that you propose to register cmeire.com without actually having registered it. There are subversive forces who might like to scupper your afore mentioned website plans. But heck thats your own business.

As for registering the domains, if you set up account withmost of the major registrars, I'm pretty certain you can send a postal order. I know namezero, from memory will do so but you're best to stear clear of them.

• Advertisement

Talk to Steve Hosting 365 or DJB, afaik they offer a domain name included with the hosting, They`ll both accept postal orders as well.

I`ll give you as much help as i can for the site, and have started some designs and logos - will post them up as soon as i can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

and please tell us somit to start wit for designin the logos..want it complex?3d? u know..wat colors...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Here's confirmation that Namezero do accept money orders...
    [BTW, this was at the end of e-mail they sent me asking to renew a domain)
    Payment Options: The easiest way to renew your Plus
    Service is with a Visa or MasterCard (click here
    http://controlpanel.namezero.com ). We also accept
    US money orders and checks drawn on U.S. bank accounts in
    U.S. dollars for all purchases. We do not accept wire
    transfers. You may send checks/money orders to:

Namezero.com
    P.O. Box 637
    Los Gatos, California 95031-0637

Important: Please be sure that funds are in U.S. dollars
    and drawn on a U.S. account. Money orders in U.S. dollars
    and drawn on U.S. funds are available from international
    institutions such as Western Union, ABN-AMRO Banking Group,

OKO Bank Group and others.

Ask your banker to ensure that your money order fulfills
    both these requirements.

Payments which are received that are not in U.S. dollars
    or are not drawn on a U.S. account cannot be processed
    and you will not get xxxxxx.com.

Important: You must write your name and full domain name
    on your check and include a printed copy of this email to
    ensure correct processing. Failure to write your name and
    domain name on your check will delay your renewal.

Prices subject to change without notice.

This offer is non-transferable and available to Namezero
    registered members only and is subject to the terms of
    the Namezero service agreement located at:
    http://www.namezero.com/support/policies/sup-pol_tosplus.shtml

To learn more about Namezero privacy agreement, please
    visit:
    http://www.namezero.com/support/policies/sup-pol_privacy.shtml

For additional questions, please do not reply to this
    email, instead contact our customer service group at:
    http://namezero.com/support/helpcenter/email_support.jsp

(c)2002 Namezero.com Inc. All Rights Reserved 020812;
    d10,a02; 60.1; 7277977

• Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ok some updates.

Talks are still ongoing with a host but it looks like we might have secured free hosting. One trade off is a link in the site template to the host. We cant begrudge that.

Secondly talks are ongoing for a domain name as well.

Finally as regards to design ideas. why dont people do up their own ideas.

And i will post them to the wbesite and see what people think.
    i am busy at the moment trying to get some help from other webmasters on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Just to throw in 2p - if you need any help on the domain/hosting side, or if yuo want a seperate host for file hosting, etc, let us know :)

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Foot.ie would be happy to host the website and register the domain* for you. In exchange we would ask you to make Foot.ie your home for CM discussion. But will Cloud be offended...? :)

adam

* Of course I'd be only too delighted to host you directly on the Foot.ie domain name. foot.ie/cm perhaps? :)

i am undated with offers for hosting. If you could please email me details of what is contained in the offer i would be gratefull.

thanks for all the help.

Another update.
    Domain Name
    I have the domain registered.Well i have it kept. I will sorted out fully next week.

Hosting
    The hosting is sorted out as well. There is only one condition attached. The host is requiring a text link to be built into the the site template.
    The hsoting is sorted. I like to thank ]http://www.carrighost.com

Site Design
    I have decided to use a HTML code for the site.I dont know enough about php etc for me to use it.

Any ideas designs people have done up can be emailed to me.

The site template should be something like www.cmgamer.com

Email me

Be much easier to keep updated if you used PHP, ASP or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

and do all of us get a free email:D,
    how many ppl are in on this anyways??
    ill be starting designin somit in the next 2days:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

If you want people to take the site seriously, you're better off using asp/php. Im sure there are few around the boards willing to help you out.

Ok lets try and do the site in php. Its seems to be easy enough to code.

Ok i have set up the forums so if you want to sign up here is the link. The only forums active are the test one and a site design one.

This will now be used as another place to talk about cmeire.com design ideas.

the link for the forums is http://www.cmeire.com/forum

Just an update on the site. We have the forums and the site background site up. It is running php-nuke and the forums are running phpBB2 we are waiting for a module to intergrate the login in for both.

We are now in the theme desing stage and the layout for the site. If like designing themes please come along to the site.
    Once the theme is done will be starting on some content for the site.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks for all the support and bye until the next update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

just one thing to say, having briefly looked at the site

in 800 x 600 - ugh!, not very pretty to look at. Did no one test it at all?

I think it has the makings of a good site,just try and lay off the Green,its overpowering some darker colours at the side and it should look well ;)

• Advertisement

Finally the site is up and running

www.cmeire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Hi There.

I see that your having Bandwidth Problems. I own a company: Voyager Hosting http://www.voyhost.com Maybe you might consider signing up. I'm not advertising here....its just a suggestion.

Donal

We need some staff. If you want to help. Please get in contact with me

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    Hi There.

I see that your having Bandwidth Problems. I own a company: Voyager Hosting http://www.voyhost.com Maybe you might consider signing up. I'm not advertising here....its just a suggestion.

Donal

Hi There.

I see that your having Bandwidth Problems. I know a company: Hosting 365 http://www.hosting365.ie Maybe you might consider signing up. I'm not advertising here....its just a suggestion.

Sposs

any body wanna help running it please? i am starting 6 months of work experience on monday so if anyone is interested please get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 karpovx

I had horrible exp with Namezero after register more than 25 domains with them. The could be cheap and they have URL forwarding... but there s no telep contact with them in the states... and their customer support is kkkkrap. :mad:
    Please stay away from them....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I think this has been sticky long enough. Time to dissolve the goo and let it float away :)

Disslove away. Cant remenber whats good for dissloving glue.

Thanks for the help guys and sorry it could not have lasted longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

It's not a question of wanting it gone, it's just that I stickied it to get people's attention (and it worked out ok) but the interest in the thread has waned a bit.

Time to let it float with the other threads. If people ocntinue to show interest it will get bumped up. If not, well, it'll go to the great recycle bin in the sky.

PS. I like the site btw. cant wait to try out that 352v2 tactic and buy a few of those players. Hopefully tip the balance enough so I can crush my brother without mercy (he's playing blackburn, I'm playing Newcastle.. that amoeba, amoebi? , guy is great :) ).

• Advertisement
Advertisement