Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2k sp3 help!

Options
  • 10-08-2002 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Just recently downloaded the sp3 for Win2k via the express install and when i got to install it and error comes up: (file location) is not a valid Win32 application. Help?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

downloaded file is dodgy, also try stoping any anti vir s/w while attemping to run it.

Looks like u may have a 100meg download ahead of u tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

but ive only a 56k modem.....NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres the 500euro cheque eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh, not funny or nice.

Try using something like GetRight to grab the file - with a big file like that you don't want any bits or bytes going missing.

Took me about six hours to grab it (which wasn't too bad really)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

the 'good, clean, efficiencient' entity that is Microsoft, and their beautiful computer products

bill strikes again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Seriously just reformat and re-install...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Thank Denis for Esat No Limits. A six or seven hour overnight download and SP3 is downloaded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

took about 8 minutes to download and installed perfectly.

sersiously, how do people manage to bugger up a simple install?

i dont blame microsoft, i blame the users.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

another bofh?

Advertisement