Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of acne

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ya you could try drinking a lot ofwater and using all those treatments but they wont get rid of your acne. Stop wasting your time , there is only one way to cure acne and its RoAccutane. Its the only product that gets at the ROOT CAUSE of acne and thats why its the only one that works. Take my advise and dont waste ur time on anything else. See your doctor and talk to him about it. Trust me I tried everything u can imagine for years and most of it made my skin worse. esp that over the counter crap.

And to whoever said time being a healer? Lol, the more time he wastes the more likely he could be left with scars and potmarks that never go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"I drink a lot of coke every night"

theres your problem. sugary foods (not necessarily fatty ones) are the major cause of spots etc.
    when i was in my teens i had good few spots, its part of that age, but everytime i changed my diet they would be noticeably less frequent..
    even now if i had 3 packets of skittles (or something equally sugary) and a bottle of 7up guaranteed i'd wake up the next morning with the odd spot or two... yet two meals in burger king have no effect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Cheers for all the help.I got some topicycline from the doc which has helped a grea deal.As Kali said I can occaionally break out if i have too much coke but generally im fine now.I am also drinking a minimum of 2 lites of water a day and hardly any coke.I now realise I was an addict-some nights I was drinking 4-5 and even 6 cans a day!
    BTW does alcohol have any adverse affect on acne?(I mean primarily beer,cider and vodka).Sometimes when I have been out the night before I am slightly redder next day.It could just be the heat in the club but just curious.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'd say alcohol has an effect on your skin but moreso are the spin-offs of drinking. Getting drunk in a smoky bar with no food only to eat late at night eating fatty foods close to the time you go to sleep can be bad for your health in general.

Being run down is bad for your organisms health, I feel very run down after a night of drinking, it's like my insides have run a marathon - or a liquidathon at least. It's not just the drinking, it's the joking and the dancing and the hey hey hey. (The hey hey hey is a drainer I find!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Roaccutane. If the acene is pretty bad, long lasting and persistant, then Roaccutane can actually permenantly reduce the oiliness of your skin and thus negate you developing spots period.

Needless to say that is a fairly radical therapy, so you have to see a dermatologist to get perscribed said snake oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by VinceBlack
    Hi there,

People who have suffered horrendous problems with ACNE and have tried all the prescription drugs going with mixed results and no permanent solution have found that a water soluble vitamin is the best permanent answer.

The Vitamin is Pantothenic Acid also known as B5. If you do a google search on ACNE + B5 you will get sites where sufferers talk about how B5 helped them etc. You need about 5-10grams a day which is miles over the RDA but it is harmless. Only downside is that 5grams a day is quite a bit unless you find powder instead of capsules.

HTH

Ive heard quite abit about this now, any ideas where i could get some Vitamin b5, im a bit afraid of going into the chemist to ask for it and get handed a bottle of Panten.

Is there a Vitamin B product out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

sudo-cream (stuff in grey packaging for cuts and grazes) does wonders for bringing the big pussy terrorists to soften and then empty their load, apply that if you can. Its not a cure but it helps to get rid of those pussy spots that you are constantly aware of when someone is looking at your face and make you want to cringe from the staring.

Sauna just opens the pores by bringing them out quicker and cause the smaller spots to swell, so dont join a gym for the sole purpose of using the sauna everyday to find out you have wasted 800 quid, i go to the sauna roughly four times a week so take my advice on that.

I have a patch of acne on my chin not too bad, but shaving everyday seriously antagonises it so maybe you could look into that if its on your chin or within the usual shaving area of the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Roaccutane, like it or hate it, it works. BUT, if you do go on a course of it, be prepared for:
    1. Seriously cutting down or completely stopping drinking when you're on it.
    2. Don't bother using Oxy, Clearasil or any other crap like that when you're on it. Roiaccutane dries your skin out, so using those other things to wash will make you're skin as dry as a geckos nads.
    3. Use a decent moisturiser, E45 works good, make sure its not too greasy though.
    4. Get a decent diet and eat lots of fruit. Drink lots of water too.
    5. Don't wear scarves (if you've got acne on your neck).
    5. Using a lip moistener too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Roccutane, a medication that dries your lips... and has side effects know to cure acene!*

*apt descriptions TM

Advertisement