Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invasion of the newbies

Options
  • 11-08-2002 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

This is starting to upset me, all these new people are crawling out of the would work and they all seem like mini clones of people my age,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Strange... I seem to remember some guy called SOL flooding the board around this time last year...

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah SOL, i know what ya mean....next they'll be in CTYI having CONVERSATIONS over boards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Cormac! Rock! I haven't talked to you in like, forever!! Jebus! Anyway, yeah, like you can talk? Don't you remember our little spam session last year in eCommerce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hehe, remember me treathening ye with DeVore ? :P

hehe, that was fun. the muppetry that you crashed the feicin forum with!

Plus, you're still all relatively young, I remember when this board **started** years before your time!

<< Fio >>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore knows all, DeVore sees all... (DeVore has too much free time you see).

Fio, i remember when all this was just 1's and 0's :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

he has a point though. way too many people i don't know talking about things i haven't witnessed. i will always remember fondly the times when there were few enough people to keep track of boards, and i knew most of them to be fellow e-commerce people. ah, nostalgia

It'll follow the same pattern as last year methinka=s.

Lots of newbies
    Some newbies----a few newbies----then they start to get classed as Oldies
    then i eventually know everyone on this board in person.

yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Cormac speaks the truth as always. I've ceased to comprhend anything on this board. Its all one big insider thing I'm not in on. Or maybe its just the fact I'm mildly sunburnt. Mutter mumble... Just ye wait til I'm back........

Cormac, I may be coming to your place Wednesday morning bout 10.30, prepare hot chocolate and other objects of post-ordeal comfort. Pillows, maybe some Valium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

<sticks her tongue out at the oldies>
    Well everyone has to start out as a newbie.
    Leave us alone
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

who are you orange rhino?
    and yeah i remember of this place before i registered cause it was the place to register for going to go to monty lans

and everyone was a newbie you ARE one go be newbie some place less anynoying and noticable

• Advertisement

Cormac stop being such an assh0le

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

yes - i don't know you, but god you're rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

I feel very threatened by all you new people.I too remember when this started. Fio qualifies as non-newbie,and foobar is relatively non-newbie,but the rest of you are scary and young.

But I was like the fifth or sixth person ever to use this board...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

/me waves to other sol

hmm I'm sitting here watching seires 1 of Spaced, w00t.
    still havent slept, some one find hugh and get him to give me back my cd!!!!

I'm not a newbie, this is just a new nickname. I've been around here for a year, and yes Cormac I know you. It's Bob from Ecommerce last year.

/me waves to other sol
    Does anyone else get the impression that that was blatant cheek, why yes i am rude but i am also SOL you are some [cormac - cop on and calm down. now. << Fio >>] newbie who has stolen my nick, and yes i also have more warez (and friends) then you do
    </rudeness>

Originally posted by SOL

Does anyone else get the impression that that was blatant cheek

My God! Not BLATANT CHEEK!! WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!

Cormac, calm down will you. And going by your logic, he has a bigger postcount and therefore a bigger penis. Now shush. Oh, wait, I forgot.

<Ars OpenForum reference>

$post_count != $pensu_size.

</Ars OpenForum reference>

Cormac, stop being an asshole.

You were a newbie once here too and i bet you didnt get this kinda ****e from Amp and the rest of them.

No offence man, you're my mate and everything, but this is just assholeish.

And Grace, same kinda thing. we were fu<king newbies here too last year and Ian and the others didnt bitch too much bout us, so leave it out.

• Advertisement

What Neil said, except I said it whilst squinting at Cormac. Fear the squint of Bob! Fear it! Or not.

bob, what nick do you post under in the ars forums?

and anyway, I dont know about you but I've had my nick for coming close to two years now, i dont know how log you've had yours but I'm at the point where I aint changing my nick for no man!!! bwhahhaha <haxors bastardization/>stoopid s04p! I 0wnZ j00!!!!!</haxors bastardization>.
    but meh, its pointless and theres enough of a differance in our nicks so we wont get confused :)

can we start over? cause I dont want to get off on the wrong foot.

McDara, I hugged you on Friday and you stepped on my foot. So I think it's sage to assume all you have are wrong feet! Or not, McDara rocks. You sang the Gay Eskimo song, didn't you ... didn't youuuuuuuu! And we had a mini-dispute over Tenacious D and their singing of that song, which I think you won but still.

Anyway, I mainly lurk at Ars 'cos I don't have a subscription yet but my nick is "Bob TFG". See ya round man.

firstly i didn't register during ctyi lastyear and as such was not a ctyi blowin secondly i amnd called 4mp
    and clearly if you refer to me as
    "the other sol"
    are nicks are clearly not different enough now are they?

oh for the love of god man, it dosent matter, in the context of threads its easy to see whos saying what, its not going to effect anything unless your sense of who you are is somehow endangered by my slight sharing of your nick

Em, cormac, the one difference between if he came on here calling himself 4mp is:

1) it would actually be intentionally to piss off amp

and

2)he would most likely be mistaken for bubbles

ok, thats two reasons, but still.

The nick is sad anyway, i mean, it was originally SIROVERLORD.

LET IT FU<KING GO!!!!

ffs man, you're getting worked up over a ****e nick on a board you rarely visit where the guy with a similiar nick only posts on that ****ing board!!

LET IT REST!!!

this thread has grown really ****ing tiresome, and i hope Adam or Fio will lock it or something, cus it seems sorta like a very pointless troll.

I'll troll you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Ack, I'm both a newbie and non-CTYI scum...

*goes into hiding*

but is your nick cloned straight off a non newbie?

• Advertisement

Fecks sake Cormac, can you not just let some things rest.
    All you're doing by continuing this fecking thread is pissing most people off, and the fact that you started this thread slagging off all the newbies does not exactly get people on your side here.

Huh. this is my fourth post in this thread, 3 of which have been me getting pissed off with you, and multiple instances of me getting pissed off with you on irc, but you still don't know when to LET THINGS REST!!

Am not in a good mood atm, so don't get pissed off back at me man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement