Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap broadband anyone?

Options
  • 11-08-2002 3:29pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I just heard about this company:

http://www.leap.ie/home1.htm

who are offering a wireless DSL Eircom alternative.
    Their SOHO package is €99 per month, for 512Kb.

Anyone familiar with this crowd?
    Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yep samson, weve been talking about em on the IOFFL board for a while.

They are a really good outfit. Their techs and salespeople really know what they are talking about.

Atm they only cover areas in south dublin (near the city - 2,4,6,8 i think, maybe 1 if your lucky).

Their deal is synchronous, so its 512 up AND down and of course theres no cap.

Its wireless, so you need line of sight to various masts (leeson st bridge and rte are 2 afair)

Theres a certain prominent admin on this site who uses the service and has nothing but good to say about them (hint - his name rhymes with 'before':) )

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

Originally posted by Dustaz

Atm they only cover areas in south dublin (near the city - 2,4,6,8 i think, maybe 1 if your lucky).

Odd, I'm in dublin 3 and i can get the service. Due to the wireless nature of the product its not confined to strict north south areas, if your living just outside thsoe areas you might still be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Felix Randel
    if your living just outside thsoe areas you might still be able to get it.

I'm in dublin 5.. sounds good, but still out of range. I got a responce email from them saying they would be expanding their network in a couple of weeks. I got that email around 9 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Just wondering if anyone knew when this company would be expanding there availability area if they are that is :) ? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement