Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most horrible jersey of all time?

• 11-08-2002 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

my vote goes to the new liverpool away top! MINGIN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

This season is looking pretty bad for jerseys thats for sure!

Arsenal and Liverpool home are horrible but I'd vote for Tottenham home which is so awful that they deserve to be relegated just for wearing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That Man U yellow/green away shirt years ago.

"The Lemon & Lime Kit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Jake

Rangers fc have gone for a little orange number this year........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anyone remember the villas rather fetching jerseys from 92-94 with the snazzy stringy lads all down the v neck? horrible

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

southamptons maroon effort a few years ago ICK

Nicest VFL Bochum of 1st division in Germany sweet jersey back in 95 :)

kdja

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gelmir

I'd have to say Chelsea's away number a couple of seasons back, remember the orange and grey one.
    Looked like it had been designed by a blind Arab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

The Pool jersey aint that bad.
    But watching the game yesterday did envoke thoughts of the MU's 5-3 loss to Southampton a few years back...anyone else think its bloody difficult to see!?

--
    As for all time worst strips...
    I'd have to go with the Ireland Strip for USA 94 :eek:
    And the set of Adidas Designs for the 89-90 season. Namely the Liverpool and Aresenal away kits. (Grey with transparent red arrows and yellow w/ black spots of some variety respectively)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

MWAHAHAHA - MY DAYS AS A SOUTHAMPTON SUPPORTER HAVE FINALLY PAID OFF. Was it not 6-3 to the Saints? The "Silver" Man City jersey was bad enough, but when you add it to the illuminous green socks ! AAAAH !

I think your right actually.
    How could I have forgotten such a memorable day for all "ABU's" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

That brown away jersey of Coventry (i think) from late 70's early 80's. It's just vile, none of the weird designs from the 90's come near how horrible a brown jersey looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Jake
    Rangers fc have gone for a little orange number this year........

yep.... it looks like a linfield top. :D

Originally posted by Yerac
    That brown away jersey of Coventry (i think) from late 70's early 80's. It's just vile, none of the weird designs from the 90's come near how horrible a brown jersey looks.

Of course that sparked the famous search for the "chocolate jersey" on Soccer AM a few seasons ago. I cant remember whether Hells Bells and Tim found it. I think they only found a kids one in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

didnt coventry hav a pink and navy one a while back too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    MWAHAHAHA - MY DAYS AS A SOUTHAMPTON SUPPORTER HAVE FINALLY PAID OFF. Was it not 6-3 to the Saints? The "Silver" Man City jersey was bad enough, but when you add it to the illuminous green socks ! AAAAH !

No, you beat us 3-1 'that' day. 6-3 was another time.

Btw, a note for the ABUs : "6 past Schmeichel" never gets old. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

All these classic jerseys remind me that everton had a rather sickly light blue and 'salmon' candystripe effort around 1994. Ugh!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    MWAHAHAHA - MY DAYS AS A SOUTHAMPTON SUPPORTER HAVE FINALLY PAID OFF. Was it not 6-3 to the Saints?
    Eh I believe it was 3-1 to Southampton. United changed at half time and scored one goal and conceeded none. Therefore if United had to be wearing the blue and white at the start of the game then we would have won! :p

You were thinking of the match the year after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by Gelmir
    I'd have to say Chelsea's away number a couple of seasons back, remember the orange and grey one.
    Looked like it had been designed by a blind Arab

Hahah, that's exactly the jersey that came to my mind when I saw this thread... it was like the 'snow' you get on a TV when it doesn't have reception, with orange blocks painted onto it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The celtic away jersey a few seasons ago (bright green and yellow) was pretty horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Eh I believe it was 3-1 to Southampton. United changed at half time and scored one goal and conceeded none.

I didnt mention the jersey incident at all, I was merely remembering the 6-3 thumping we gave you.

Advertisement