Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Text Emailing

Options
  • 11-08-2002 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

just Found this out today :D

if you have an 085 Number, send an SMS saying open to 085 7112244.

then You can send emails to anyone by doing using this format in your Message Writer:

person@hotmail.com Hi How are you

where person@hotmail.com is the email address of Recipient and Hi How are you is the Message Body

And Send it to 085 7112244.

Your Email address will be 085xxxxxxx@sms.mymeteor.ie

Handy when on the Move. Just Thought I'd share it with ye

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Vodafone have had a service like that for at least a year... well obviously eircell beforehand.
    Text your e-mail to 1745 in similar syntax as above: "mail email@address.com yadda yadda yadda"

C.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

That doesnt seem to work, just get some message back saying sercice unavaiable unable to deliver to 353857112244

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks Mutz for telling us :)

No problem setting it up or sending emails to my phone or receiving emails sent from my phone. Im glad meteor finally added this service.

It would be nicer if the email addresses were a little more user friendly and the emails received were stored online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Just noticed that mymeteor.ie now lets you send 30 free text messages a month from your own number. Not as good as 02's 500 free a month but a good start.

Is receiving emails on your phone free?
    Can they be sent to your my meteor address rather than the sms address?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by sirlinux
    That doesnt seem to work, just get some message back saying sercice unavaiable unable to deliver to 353857112244

Sirlinux.. did you send an SMS containg the Text open to 0857112244?

If that Dont Work, I dunno :confused:

Also, I wouldnt think that you'll be charged for recieving Emails. Just a Hunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by Cond0r
    Vodafone have had a service like that for at least a year... well obviously eircell beforehand.
    Text your e-mail to 1745 in similar syntax as above: "mail email@address.com yadda yadda yadda"

C.

I Think Meteor have this goin for a While now, but I only found out about it Yesterday (As Usual.. hehe).

I Also have an 087 SIM and Am Wondering what would your email Address be for your 087 Phone?

Advertisement