Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanna join a new irish ctf/tdm clan?

Options
  • 11-08-2002 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

we are looking for q3 players for a new tdm/ctf clan that if we hav enough players we intend to enter the barrysworld leagues next season.
    we will consider any skill leveled players :)

join #jobos or reply!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

mail - jimpoo3rd@hotmail.com

irc - #jobos
    server - ign.ie.quakenet.org

site - jobos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

how did ye get on with FH last nite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

we had a messabout game of ctf. they had sam at the start but he had to go play tdm with ye, so after he left, walt jumped in, but things got a bit one sided. was good craic tho. i could maybe cajole my brother into playing for ye, he isnt great, even i can beat him sure, but i'd let him use MY isdn now and then, the connection might come in handy for ye.

oh yeah and lads, get sams cfg, get set up with it and order ISDN now. i wasted enough time on modem to know that it is worse than pointless. the time you spend on modem is better spent earning enough money for isdn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

we owned!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

quack

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Im gonna give it a go, been playing UT for 2 years now so the conversion wont leave me a total noob I think. Gonna install and get cracking tonight. Get ready for the return of juNkie and the birth of Dardoz

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

eh no.

go on Dave, youre only lying to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I'm not around much anymore, but if you are ever stuck for a player, don't hesitate to ask if you see me on irc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

dardoz, wcg qualifier, wtf happened? story?

• Advertisement

when i enquired around a bit about it, I foundout DNC had already requested status as the organiser. I met up with Gary (Meglome) from DNC and discussed it. Each country can send a maximum of 15 players between all the games. Its all a matter of sponsorship whcih decides how many will actually get to go. Gary told me they were organising a press conference, press kit, etc etc. If they did I never saw anything about it afterwards.

We discussed the qualifiers and that even if there wasnt enough sponsorship to send many, they would still organise National qualifiers anyway for UT, Q3 and CS just fot the benefit of Irish gaming. Once again, Ive heard nothing about this either.

I dont know what to think. If I read about the DNC CS team going over without a qualifier, then i will. I dont think that will happen tho as the rules state there must be National qualifiers for any1 to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yawn.

the only people who ever delivered for Irish Quake3 were Nethouse and MindPhuck. And they got pushed out of it by DNC, who make it pretty clear they don't give a fuck about Irish Q3.

when i me with Meglome i was informed of everything needed to be done, a business plan set in place, surveys of irish gaming etc. I was told this was already done. It appears at this stage that i may have been led down the garden path as I dont see a qualifer for us for any game, not even CS which I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Dardoz,

I tried to explain to you about the whole thing before you got into it. Im sorry you wasted your time.

so am i mp, although i didnt waste that much in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by Zero
    yawn.

the only people who ever delivered for Irish Quake3 were Nethouse and MindPhuck. And they got pushed out of it by DNC, who make it pretty clear they don't give a fuck about Irish Q3.

This sort of uninformed crap is starting annoy me. We didn't push anyone out of anywhere. We approached the CPL/Playing Fields in good faith and were accepted. It was only after the fact that we knew there was a problem. In fact we didn't even know mindphuck was involved until after they had basically given us the go ahead. Anyone who knows me will tell you that's not the way I operate, I am very direct. Myself, the Playingfields guys and the CPL heads are all telling the exact same story. i.e. the truth and we were the only ones there. Hopefully we haven't all been watching too many episodes of the X-Files.

The fact is Q3 right now is pretty much a dead duck from a commercial point of view, which is why the cpl has been trying to replace it for some time. This will obviously change with the next versions of Quake and Doom. I have no problem with Quake per se, I feel the same way about it as I do CS really. And you'll find for the CPL in London we did send the quake guys over. If you want a real game then play Battlefield 1942 :)

Unfortunately for us we are in the process of expanding and we are launching a game site at the moment (www.gamire.com) this meant that we just couldn't do what we wanted to do regarding the WCG. I have to admit I should have kept everyone informed but I doubt it would have made any difference. I wonder if you guys have any idea the large sum of money it would take to send a full squad over to Korea. It's a sum not easily raised in Ireland, I can assure you.

If anyone has any specific questions don't hesitate to pm or email me.

Sorry for being off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by meglome
    This sort of uninformed crap is starting annoy me. We didn't push anyone out of anywhere.

I think u'll find u did.
    http://www.quake.ie/comments.asp?item=1296 hav a read, educate urself.
    Originally posted by meglome
    The fact is Q3 right now is pretty much a dead duck from a commercial point of view, which is why the cpl has been trying to replace it for some time.

Uninformed ? i think u'll find Q3 is now back in the Cpl game listing for the next european event, quakecon2 was just held a couple of weeks back, and q3 is part of the Wcg (to name a few). Wtf are u talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

without getting into some silly tit for tat posting, what I am saying is the game is years old and has no real commercial value to the makers of it and possibly not much value to sponsors. Thus if the CPL could get another newer game of the same calibre they would replace it in a second. This is harsh truth as I have spoken to the CPL guys about this. People seem to think dnc don't like quake, which is complete rubbish. What we do have a problem with sometimes is the attitude of some quake players, which is a different thing entirely. The same could be said of cs players but in general they tend to be much younger so there is some excuse for them.

As for this link you supplied, it is full of the very same uninformed comments, mostly by people who were not involved. So I really don't see what I'm supposed to learn from it.
    http://www.quake.ie/comments.asp?item=1296

I'll try one more time...
    We asked the CPL about CS qualifiers, as they had NEVER been run in Ireland. They gave them to us on the basis that Nethouse had NOT run them. I personally find the suggestion that we muscled in on anyone to be highly insulting. We asked, they gave, that simple - we are a business we make business decisions it is not personal. The cpl has the right to do what it will when it comes to it's own event's, it chose and we were glad they chose us.

My name is used extensively in the quake.ie thread above and strangely nearly (if not all) of the negative comments are from people who don’t even know me. Which says it all really.

We have spent a large amount of money developing a new Irish computer games site; probably the first and only professional all formats one in Ireland. (BTW, I am not even attempting to belittle anyone else’s site). This has been done because we love computer games and believe in Irish gamers. There is six months of work in this site, that's the reason we have not been putting other money into gaming right now because we don't have it, today. We will be back with a vengeance shortly but that's as much as we can do.

Please, please have your information straight before you post anything else. Our name is being dragged through the mud and I for one can put my hand on my heart and say I have done nothing wrong in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pug {erZ}

Pitty the poor sod who started this looking for new members :p

Come on admins you are not suppose to join in but put these posts in there correct places...

First day on this forum and this arguement is the only thing
    I can find no matter which topic I choose :(

Why not start a new topic where yea can fight/sort it
    out.

Advertisement