Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best CHEAPEST ;) Gfx card

Options
  • 11-08-2002 8:57pm

Well, my ATI 128 rage has just about died on me so I'll be fishing for a new one prolly tomorrow.

I'm kinda in the dark when it comes to these things so I'll need plenty of help.

I'm looking to spend about €150. Would I be able to get a decent card for that price?

I dont mind ordering online but I'd rather that that would be my 2nd choice. I live in the Dublin area so I'd also appreciate a list of shops.

tnx.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Theres a nice geforce 3 ti200 on komplett for just over 100e

Wouldnt be a bad investment, although if i was spending 150e id have a look here

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=20450&t=278&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=24&GrpID=1&s=pl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by megasheep
    Theres a nice geforce 3 ti200 on komplett for just over 100e

2nd that.

Don't like ATi cards since i had a rage fury and i used a Raedon 7000 the otherday and it wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Don't like ATi cards since i had a rage fury and i used a Raedon 7000 the otherday and it wasn't great.

Im bringing my pc to the next lan, come over and have a look at a radeon8500 at work, tis just a little bit special (visual quality- ati are more visual quality than fps whores, although she regulary head over 250fps in q3 with all features on and 1024x768 res)

Think I'll go for the geforce. I've heard from many a people that they're reliable :) and a €100 its a bargain.

Tnx lads :)

Advertisement