Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asp

Options
  • 11-08-2002 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Folks

quick question, I have a good knowledge of Access and Javascript, how easy would it be then to learn ASP, also is Ultradev to code ASP like Dreamweaver is HTML ????

all and any answers appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I was never able to find many GOOD tutorials online, though i havent searched in a while... UltraDev is good but you really need to know basic ASP so you will have an idea of whats going on.

Take a look at: ASP Objects they have a good bit of info and resources on asp.

Also look at: ASP101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ASP is an architecture rather than a language - in short a collection of objects with properties/methods that may be accessed via a number of languages.

As such even though VBScript tends to be the most popular language used with ASP, JavaScript is also used extensively. I suggest you Google about for some ASP/JavaScript tutorials as given you have JavaScript already, it'll be easier for you to get into ASP rather than learning a new language as well.

4 Guys from Rolla is another good ASP site, that should include ASP/JavaScript tutorials.

Ultradev would probably be the ASP equivalent of Dreamweaver, I suppose. Ironically, I found it easier to learn how to code directly than use it, although I've not looked at it since it was known as Drumbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

ditto here.

Dreamweaver is still grand for anything graphical,
    but it's a bit of a pain to try to implement
    ASP with it.. just regular coding is a lot easier.

another nice ASP tutorials/resource page,
    www.w3schools.com

Advertisement