Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accommodation In Galway

Options
  • 11-08-2002 9:23pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads and Ladies

A bit of advise if you would not mind, young sis is going to UCG and was wondering about the situation in Galway.

What is the amount of rent in Galway for students and when should she start to look??

Any advise appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

She should start at our house in knocknacarra only 65Eur per week which includes digital widescreen tv (ntl) Dishwasher dryer ect...

Caroline also studying in UCG and the rest of us are working.

pm me or e-mail if your interested.
    :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks jock but she wants to live a bit nearer..

I also live in Knocknacarra but she can feck off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I live in Knocknacarra also yop!

I'm heading over to NUIG doing an M.Sc. this Sept. But fortunately I can kip under my parents roof while money is tight. I know plenty of people coming to NUIG this year, and have been looking around for places to stay.

The rent tends to be around the €65pw mark, and that generally doesn't include heat/electricity/etc. A deposit of a month in advance is usually required also.

A friend of mine who is coming to galway studying film (GMIT Arts college). It was €60pw, all bills included, €100 deposit :eek: (I couldn't believe it). But the catch was that it was from old people, that were very strict, and they would be staying in the house also, but it was on a self catering basis, with other students. But he got his own room and all that, and it's 5 mins walk to the college through Wellpark. But I don't know if he is going to take it or not, coz there is so much stuff he can't do in the house, he would have to make a serious concious effort not to break any rules. I'm sure I broke about 5 or 6 of them by standing the hallway in the house, waiting for him to sort something out.

On the otherhand it's not uncommon for students in Galway to pay €75-80+pw. It all depends on where the house is, and how old the land(lord/lady) is :p

;-phobos-)

Advertisement