Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD: Lord of the Rings

• 11-08-2002 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Got this during the week. A bit bloody pricey at €43 but worth it none the less. There are a few good extras surrounding the release of the second movie with a fair few interviews with the director/producers/actors etc. I've sat and watched it 3 times over the past week. Have to say it's a great movie, especially on the wide screen TV with dolby surround through my Sony DAV-500.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sound is the best i have heard on a DVD tru amp.

but 43€ ????
    were???

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Tin you were ripped off at that price. The R2 LotRs DVD is £16.99STG = €26.71 delivered from www.play.com.

If you have a multi-region DVD you can pick it up cheaper from the states or Canada.

And yes the sound is fantastic on this DVD. I am still buying the Directors Edition in November and if Dev is organising a trip to the premiere of The Two Towers I'm also going to that :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yes ripped off I was, in Letterkenny of all places. But all we had was a TV a PS2 and a GC and couldn't even tune in the bog channels. There's only so much Super Monkey Ball you can play before your brain melts and we needed to watch something which required no user interaction. Ah well, such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im gonna wait for the 4 disc DVD version as well.But Ill be buying it over the net as the prices they will be charging here will be a total rip off.

Great movie and amazing sound but the extra's are crap on the 2 disc version and can easly be found on the net.€43 is way to much for it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah think i`ll wait for the 4 disker in November before i move on this one. BUt i wont pay 43 eur for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I getting both as you cant watcxh the normal theatrical version on the 4 disc one ,nice catch isnt it .

kdja

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm looking forward to seeing the extra 30mins. so I will also wait for the Directors Edition's, I'm not forking out twice for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I'm buying the 2 disc set from play for £16.99 - features 5.1 THX

The other releases are:

3/ Collector's Box Set (4 Discs) - £32.99 - DTS 6.1 ES

4/ Director's Cut (4 Discs) - £21.99 - DTS 6.1 ES

The DTS 6.1 ES is only availible on 1 other DVD (I think) which is T2 ultimate Edition.

(Prices from play.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

anyone actually know what theyre going to put on the other 2 discs in the 4 disc set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

anyone actually know what theyre going to put on the other 2 discs in the 4 disc set?

Open up your ears and clean out your eyes, check http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000071162

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I got it on www.cdwow.ie for 24.95 Euro (including p+p) and it arrived the Wednesday bfore the release date.

CD Wow is really cheap for CDs and DVDs but it doesn't have the widest range ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Anybody know how the 6.1 sound on the 4 disk compilation will play on a 5.1 setup?

I'm waiting on this disk aswell and haven't bought the released version yet, but seeing as the new version will only have 6.1 sound I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by BattlingCheese
    Anybody know how the 6.1 sound on the 4 disk compilation will play on a 5.1 setup?

I'm waiting on this disk aswell and haven't bought the released version yet, but seeing as the new version will only have 6.1 sound I'm not so sure.

There was a discussion about this on the DVD Forums. Can't find it now but you'll have no problems at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I bought my copy for €17 in Holland two weeks ago. Good deal :)

However, I bought one as a present a week before that in HMV grafton st for €37 - so you were only ripped off an extra fiver compared to the ripoff price the 'high street' was charging.

Ireland = worst prices for everything. ever.

Advertisement