Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Quake 1

Options
  • 11-08-2002 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Ok I dont know if this is considered requesting warez, if it is I apologise and will remove this post immediately, however. I've recently lost my Hdd to an unfortunate accident involving my retarded brother kicking my machine. As a result I've lost 99% of my software (way to back up!!), among this software is Quake1.

I'm currently accessing the net from behind a firewall which doesnt allow access to port 6667 so I dont have access mIrc.

So, I was wondeirng if someone could pm me the location of Small quake or quake 1 full version, or even the shareware version that is useable under Win NT.

Thanks,

Ivan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I wonder are the pak files open source though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Any modded version of quake can be given away as long as it has the source code. So I could mod the pak files, and include id's source with it, so it is legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

they only GPL'd the source code, not the paks and game resources. So it is illegal. But not like anyone would care by this stage. Besides I'm sure he bought the version he lost when his HD got buggered,
    quozl

Advertisement