Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hard Disk

• 12-08-2002 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know where I can purchase a hard drive cage that would hold two hard disks?

I have a PC which has the hard disk bolted to the main case. I would like to add a 2nd hard disk and there is enough space within the system for me to add some sort of cage for both hard disks in the same position as the 1st.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

maybe ur best off getting a new case for yer pc, so u'll have lots of expansion for the future..it should work, u can buy and chose them online at a lot of sites, theres big difference in prices, so make sure to check them out at peats.ie or komplett.ie theres a lot more too but i dont know em, i know PC World sell cases too. Hope it helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

gee yeah, splash out 80 euro, or do a bit of diy. SurfNI, try and find an old thrown out case, see if you can get the drive cage from that, there are also drive cage extenders you can get, which bolt onto your existing drive cages, can't remember where I saw them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

You might also be interested in bunging it into a 5 1/4 inch bay, which will require two bracket. I picked up some recently for less than a fiver, so they're not expensive at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Try getting an external hd case..
    Ive got one coming on the way.. Its supposed to hold a hd ide ata66/100/133 switch or attachment available for that
    It goes in the paralel port or some one.. Will let u know how i get on..
    Got it for 15 euros and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

The Apprentice, where did u get it for €15???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

or get a few old back panels and bolt them on.

Use your ehad to make space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Parallel port? Ah that'll be dead slow, not worth bothering with at all. I think you'd be best off spending 30-40 on a hdd cooler bay, sits in a 5.25" bay and will hold the extra disk.

Advertisement