Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth options in NTP, Limerick

Options
  • 12-08-2002 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

I am aware of the following Bandwidth options in National Technology Park, Limerick but would appreciate additional info.

1. eircom - Leased lines, expensive. i-Stream, Dublin only, no plans for Limerick
    2. Esat - Leased lines, expensive. DSL rolling out in Roches St. and Dooradoyle switches, no current plans for Castletroy switch
    3. WorldCom - leased lines which are in turn leased from Esat.
    4. Chorus - PowerNet wirelss service. Depends on LOS, not much available capacity.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

An Eircon rep told me in the last fortnight that they have DSL installed in the Castletroy exchange.

If you are interested it might be worth your while contacting them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

"An Eircon rep told me in the last fortnight that they have DSL installed in the Castletroy exchange."

Eircom Rep Lies Shocker!

Actually, it's quite possible that it /is/ installed in Castletroy, but that would make the /other/ Eircom reps liars. Oh, my head hurts!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i have a customer in that park on powernet , it works and there is capacity. if u need help / more info send me a mail and i can help you out offline yankinlk@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Eircom Rep Lies Shocker!

Actually, it's quite possible that it /is/ installed in Castletroy, but that would make the /other/ Eircom reps liars. Oh, my head hurts!

adam

It was possible that he was mistaken as it was an aside. I am in Limerick city centre and have ESAT DSL so I was not really interested :)

Advertisement