Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 8 problems

Options
  • 12-08-2002 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I got ff8 for the pc off my friend a week ago but when i went to play it the colours where all messed up. I first tried to play it with direct 3d hardware accelleration and thats when the colours where all messed up then i played it in software mode and it was fine although it was laggy. So i'm beginning to think its my geforce 2 that is the problem. Is there a patch to fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Genesis

n00b:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

I haven't played FFVIII, but that sounds like a drivers issue...
    You should download the latest detonator drivers for your card from http://www.nvidia.com , and upgrade to DirectX 8.1, if you havent already.
    You could also check Square's website and see if they released a patch for the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had this problem too. The problem is the nvidia graphics card that you are most likely using. Unlike every other console manufacturer or graphics card manufacturer nvidia decided that the nvidia cards would align the texels i.e. the 2d backgrounds made from tiles, in a completely different way from everybody else. Getting new drivers will sort out the colour problem and aligning the texels differently, it tells you how in the readme, in the nvidia advanced graphics options should make the texels look a little better. Expect the same texel heartache in n64 emulators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I don't think it's due to graphics card or driver problems, I think it's just due to the shoddy conversion of the game to the PC. I had the same troubles when I was playing it with my banshee with up-to-date drivers. It was quite amusing at times actualy(big multi-coloured Tiamat for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well i found a ff8 patch (1.2) that does say that geforce cards have a texel error and i installed it. All the menus that were borked were still borked but most of the ground and walls were fine. The models however were just as bad as ever. I'm using the 23.11 detonater drivers so i'll install the newers ones and i'll see but i think it won't fix it :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement