Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buys of the season?

• 12-08-2002 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

what new players will shine or flop???

ferdinand will shine but was a little bit too expensive and dat fella for arsenal(the lad who scored yesterday) looks like a another good buy by arsenal!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

tony bird seems to be a great signing i was unconvinced at first but a goal each in concecutive dublin dearby has impressed me hopfully he will make it three in a row against shels in the cup this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

David Kelly for Derry City..... :D
    Jamie Redknapp for Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Well a player like Dwight Yorke for just 2 million sounds to good to be true. Hw could turn out to be THE BUY of the season.

I hope he does a McGrath, and proves Fergeson was mad selling him for next to nothing.

We'll have to wait to see if his excellent pre-season form continiues, (or as some other poster said perhaps the Blackburn lasses manage to distract Yorkie with their mammory glands. :) )

X

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Diouf is a great signing for liverpool!!
    Viana - Newcastle - is an excellent signing!! i think he will be brilliant!!
    Cheryou at liverpool could be really good if he plays at all!! he just got a call up to the French National Team!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bruno Cheyrou for Liverpool will be worth his weight in gold, watched him in that pre-season comp thing and he was excellent.

Rio Ferdinand will be good, but will not be value for money as he will not perform in every game and for thirty odd mill that's what's expected.

Irwin at Wolves could be a star again too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hugo vianna at newcastle has all the top bosses raving about him, so he should be something very special. maybe not this season tho.

markus allback at villa could prove a snip at just £1.9million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Titus bramble for Newcastle is a great buy at only three million,future england left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I thought Titus Bramble went for £5m and that he was a centre back?

Anyways I'd say Gilberto Silva will be quite the man this season but it really has to be the most boring close season since the Premiership started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

yea i think your rite it was five million but he's defo a left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

Riquelme for Barca at €7m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Rivaldo on a free, or Giolberto Silva for £4.5m for a world cup winner it is a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

young wright from liverpool to sunderland is a snip for peter reid i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

That's easy and the answers not even a player!

Leicester Citys new 'Walkers Stadium'. A modern 30,000 seater capacity stadium built in an urban area for under stg50 million. Show what a country of fuc.king pissartists we are when we can even lay a foundation stone for 'our' national stadium without quoting figures of 1billion+ just to scare off anyone who might ever have the guts to build the bloody thing.

Advertisement