Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail ?

• 12-08-2002 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

Anybody know the smtp and pop3 addresses for hotmail ? Is there smtp and pop3 addresses ?

Also does anybody know how to get a compaq ipaq to sync with the inbox on a 98 system , im using active sync 3.5 , how do i get it to sync with outlook and not outlook express, is it possible to send emails from the ipaq ???

All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Simple....you cant. hotmail dont allow people to use there pop or smtp accounts. Outlook Express though allows you to get your email using a HTTP address and Outlook XP now also allows you to download your emails.....but that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

outlook express works pretty well with hotmail accounts, just use a newish version of it... (i think 6 is the most recent)
    go to tools/accounts... click on the 'add' tab, click mail, type in your name, then your hotmail address. it should fill in the rest for you.

/edit
    how do i get it to sync with outlook and not outlook express
    yet another case of me not reading the post properly before i reply to it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Yep no pop or smtp with hotmail or msn. you see micro$oft want everybody to be using their software so they force you to use outlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You could try web2pop

Getting around little problems like this is what its for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    Yep no pop or smtp with hotmail or msn. you see micro$oft want everybody to be using their software so they force you to use outlook.

another case of someone trying to bash microsoft at every available chance. you see MICROSOFT DID NOT CREATE HOTMAIL. they bought it. Hotmail was created by Sabeer Bhatia, a 27-year-old Indian from Bangalore and his partner Jack Smith.

what is it with ppl instantly bashing microsoft all the time? you know without them the PC would not be so accessable as it is now without them? it REALLY pisses me off that ppl bash them all the time with out even giving examples as to why they are unsatisfied with their products. :(

on another note hotmail was setup so ppl did not have to worry about pop3 and/or SMTP server addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Hey...

I've got great respect for microsoft. Without them the world wouldn't be the way it is today. Only for microsoft i wouldn't have the job i got now and thanks to microsoft i have a secured future.
    I didn't really mean what i said about microsoft at all.

Microsoft Rock!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

I work in Microsoft and im not forced to use there software on my box in fact Microsoft dont mind what software i use. :)

Advertisement