Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to listin

Options
  • 12-08-2002 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

I usualy listin to phantom but I trded to tune in to xfm the other day and the recepion was pretty fuzzy and hints i live in palmerstown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

where you listening on a walkman, car stereo of hifi? If you are anyway near an NTL (cable tv) connection you will get cross interference leakage on the same frequency...you should get it no problem in Palmerstown as I drive through there regularly without any problems listening. Expect improvements in the signal quality in coming weeks as we upgrade. Daithi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Tried again last nite reception was much better not a bad station not sure if it will replace phantom but its now instaled as my second favourite station when something i dont like comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

I'm sure you'll notice over time that X and Phantom are quite different. We repeat a lot of stuff!! :00 but the formats are quite different even though we would be both labeled under the "alternative" genre. Phantom tend to be more Rock orientated and play more popular music... we do our best to be Alt musos playing stuff that you might not hear elsewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I can pick up X fm clearly driving through Palmerstown... It has such a clear frequency anyway.

Perhaps its time to get out the tinfoil and the coathangers, Goldfish?

I'm a Phantom listener myself, but there ws still three cheers when Xfm came back......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bren

Dotti....

I take objection to being labelled "ALT Muso"!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bren

Dotti....

I take objection to being labelled "ALT Muso"!!

Advertisement