Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - a good choice?

Options
  • 12-08-2002 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've been away from a year and have to sign up with a mobile-phone company again. I used to have Digifone/O2 but was a bill-pay customer. This time I'm gonna be prepay for a while at least. I would like to use Meteor because they seem to be cheap. I don't think coverage would be a problem. They also offer a type of itemised billing service on the net for all their customers. Now what I would like to know is whether Meteor is a "good" network (as regards stability, congestion etc..). I remember Eircell used to have huge problems with congestion. O2 were quite good in comparrison. Can anyone help me make a resonable choice between them?

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

I Like them, but thats My Opinion.

Congestion Never a Problem, Except Maybe on New Years Eve.. hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I have to say we have test phones at work for all 3 networks, and delivery of SMS on meteor can be fairly abysmal at times - ie: long delays on MT messages (txts going to your meteor phone). I've never used it to make calls so I have no idea about coverage/calls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

No problems with delayed messsages any more.
    Never ever ever had congestion problems. "Network busy" message is there for o2 and vodafone only

The only problem is Reception. Even in covered area's, it's not always that strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

The Meteor network is rubbish, well in town, UCD, and in Templeogue it is.

A few I know used them and quit after a few months. In Dublin Vodafone have the bect network, O2 is ~ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Sorry about not replying sooner. Been away and the weather over here has been causing problems , to say the least. Thanks for all of your replies. Am gonna bring my T-Mobile sim card with me and roam on all the networks. That should tell me about about coverage etc.. (although strangely Meteor is the cheapest network to roam on). Thanks again.

Joe

• Advertisement
Advertisement