Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive Thursday 15th August 8-9pm: Aerosmith - 'Pump'

Options
  • 12-08-2002 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Ok, their last album was crap. The one before it wasn't much good either. But have you heard Pump? No? Tch Tch. We can remedy that for you this Thursday on The Album Archive. Pump is the album that brought us "Love In An Elevator" and Janie's Got A Gun". And they're not even the best tracks on the album! Tune in at 8pm on Thursday where we'll give you the lowdown on the genesis and recording of the album, as well as generous helpings of live tracks and studio versions of the songs on Pump. We'll also throw in one or two non-album tracks as well. And all for an hour's worth of electricity. Isn't it grand.

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

........that Aerosmith got some recognition on phantom, they are one of if not the greatest rock band ever........while i agree that pump is great and the last one is ****...embarrassing, certainly the worst aerosmith release i own and i own around 70 in all (record,cd, tapes and vids), i think nine lives is a great album. but of all aerosmiths releases the greatest 5, the 5 that show every side of aersmith, the energy, the youth, the drugs........the genius are the first five "aerosmith", "get your wings", "toys in the attic", "rocks" and "draw the line". 5 of the greatest albums ever made. if i had my way i'd have these 5 on the phantom "A" list.......until then though i'll be listenin in at 8pm on thursday;)

peace&love
    mr crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

I'm with you on "Get Your Wings, Toys" and "Rocks", but I think the debut is a bit too influence-drenched and "Draw the Line" sounds lazy (apart from the title track of course). My top five 'Smith releases would be, in no particular order:

Get Your Wings, Toys, Rocks, Pump and Done With Mirrors. Get a Grip isn't too bad, and theres a couple of tracks on "Right in the Nuts" such as No Surprize which kick ass. What was the deal with that last album though? Good Jesus. What toss.

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

dammit, I love Aerosmith! I'd love to hear that programme but I'll be out, partying the night away in Whelans! Enjoy the programme, all who listen!

Advertisement