Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Kings Of Spain single launch

Options
  • 12-08-2002 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

FUTURE KINGS OF SPAIN (think Dinosaur Jr meets Shellac) are launching their debut single at the Music Centre on Wednesday 4th September (they're one of Dublin's best-kept secrets). After the single release, they're jetting off to New York to record their debut album with Ted Nicely (fugazi, girls against boys) and Eli Janney (girls against boys) co-producing it with the band.

If you like your rock, this is DEFINITELY one to check out. Support comes from Berkeley, BOXES and Roscoe.

And it's only 7 brick in!!
    sweet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

whats the single caled is it one of the one phantom played already or is it a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 VonBon

It's about friggin' time they played a gig. Are they signed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

The single is "A Place For Everything And Everything In Its Place". Phantom have been playing it loads, AND another demo version of a song called "One Look" (which is f*cking smashing). The actual single though, is backed with "Your Starlight", which also rocks (and another song "love Of The Common Man" - a Todd Rundgren cover.

They are signed to Red Flag Records - a London label that releases Shack and Ten Speed Racer too.

They gigged a while back with eX-Girl at the Music Centre. They've also got a few dates booked around the country around the same time as the show. If I can dig them out I'll post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

It was a lazarus soul who were one of the support bands for ex-girl along with Boxes ( Ithink) and the Chalets
    Some of the Future Kings of Spain are in a lazarus soul as well

Yes I am a pedantic girl
    *gets gold star for being teacher's pet*

Yup - you're right Leila. I'm a horse's arse. Mixed 'em up.

• Advertisement

Did you enjoy the bands that night?
    What was yer buzz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

Yeah it was a good night
    Just went out of curiosity really about ex-Girl
    I thought they were great
    Although I dont know if I want to own any of their record
    I really liked a lazarus soul and boxes were good too
    No as sure about the Chalets - a little bit too knowing or something
    Couple of decent tunes *reserves judgement*

I thought Boxes were amazing. Normally when you hear "spin" it's grossly inaccurate, but they totally are along the lines of Big Black and that. Deadly!! I though The Chalets were cool - they're just on a different kind of buzz. eX-Girl were deadly...just nuts. If you want I can burn you a copy of the eX-Girl album. And yep - it IS nuts (but good!)

...and Future Kings Of Spain will be interviewed on John Walshe's show on FM104 on Sunday 25th August. They'll be playing exclusive tracks from the debut single. And talking ****e!!

ONE MORE THING...
    The Future Kings Of Spain will be supporting The Bellrays at the Music Centre on Friday 30th August.
    Cheers
    madouva

• Advertisement
Advertisement