Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverchair...

Options
  • 12-08-2002 10:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

what does everyone think of them?

I ask because for the last few days I've been seeing the vid for "anthem for the year 2000" on kerrang an awful lot and I have gotten to like the song. so I went into town today and bought their "best of " album, listening to it now. it seems pretty cool, not as heavy as I would have liked.. they seem very mellow, but loud and er.. "rocky" :)

all in all, I think I like em and was wondering what everyones fav album of theirs is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Like them. Muchly. I haven't got a favourite album but my favourite songs would be -

Ana's Song
    Anthem for the year 2000
    My Favourite Thing
    The Greatest View
    After All These Years
    Suicidal Dream

They are more mellow than I expected, though, but it's all good. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

get your hands on Frogstomp(man i remember when this came our first :))
    it's where it all began mordeth.it's a classic grunge moment.after that freakshow is VERY good and they went downhill after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Never really liked 'em too much...

They have one or two really good songs though and Frogstomp isn't a bad album

Wasn't Natalie Imbruglia dating yore man from it for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

As far as I know, Natalie Imbruglia is still dating Daniel Johns... I think they're living together.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What do I think of Silverchair?? I think they're a total rip off of Nirvana. Nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm, they must be different somehow, cos I like silverchair and I really hate nirvana :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I don't like them. I think I just don't like this whole Grunge thing, with the exception of Pearl Jam.

A lot of my friends seem to like them, never could understand why. Singing a song about the year 2000 kinda got on my nerves.

Advertisement