Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where get DVD Region Freedom??

Options
  • 13-08-2002 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can my stand alone DVD player chipped for region free around Dublin or anywhere in Ireland?

Have been lookin on the net but no luck. Found many in England and elsewhere and also found chips for the different players but none for my particular model.I asked yer man in the store and he thinks theres someone in Lucan area who does it.

Anyway.......appreciate any help

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Check out Richer Sounds on the Quays, they used to do it for a price.

www.richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I was up in Dub today, first place I went was RicherSounds. They couldn't do it (only do certain makes/models), but they did tell me about www.dvdireland.com who are out in Blanchardstown. Other people I asked recomended the same.....so......I'm off ta void me warranty, chou!

P.S. DVDIreland quoted me €75 for them to mod it. Usually you can buy the chip and fit it yourself, but not with this model.

Anyway its not my DVD.....I don't think the auld lad would trust me (even with 3 years of Electronic Eng under belt).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ya Dvdireland :)

Nice guy too did mine 4 years ago and offered to honour the warranty (it was 6 weeks old) :)

Kdja

Advertisement