Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polarizing filters

• 13-08-2002 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a shop in Dublin (probably a camera shop of some sort) where I can get a sheet of polarizing filter? You know, the type that turns opaque when you put them perpendicular to each other.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I got some before in the US (not uch help I know) but it was pricey - I think about $50 for a sheet about A4 in size.
    Good Luck finding it in Dublin. That place in at the top Grafton Street (Camera Centre?) are helpful so you could try there.

You could also try to get a few old glare screens . Some of them are polarising and most people dont use them anymore as monitors are arc'ed these days... Might be cheaper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I've tried the camera shops on Grafton St and Dawson St, they didn't even know what I was talking about! And the cost isn't that important, the project will pay for it. It's just to run some tests in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭Vexorg

An office i worked years ago in had a polarized tint added to the windows to reduce glare and temperature, no idea who fitted it but there may be window tinting companies in the yellow pages.

This is not the same tint that is fitted to car windows, polarized would be dangerous in a car at night, anyhow might have some luck in the phone book.

Vex

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Jazz,

I have posted a reply to your (cross-posted) query on the art/anim/photo board.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60697

Advertisement