Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

banned from board events

• 13-08-2002 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=60104&pagenumber=2

It seems to me some of you guys reckon you know best how to run boards.ie, you saw that devore was debating weather it would be best just to ban me and stop all this ****e so you decided a little push was in order. well amp care to explain the reasons behind me being banned order then the fact i dared post on your little forum? No infact dont, just shut up.

Devore If amp is so "sound" as you claim maybe you can explain it?

Your break your bolox working to do the things the moderators ask you to do, or worse yet want you to do but wont say in order not to loose face even thuogh its the best for the boards. take a break for afew months boston, improve your typing boston, lower your posts per day boston, clam down boston. WTF, I go, then typedef gets sandbaged probably az next, none of you had or have respect for the may we ran/run our forums.

Look at my typing its all over the kip, i must have been insane to think any one of your jerk off had changed, at least i had respect for bard and dahamsta, and could cut a deal with them but you people sit in the cornors like freakin cowards waiting for the oppertunity, never heard of a little something called PM, ffs i met you amp and you didnt have the balls to so much as walk up to me and say "hey i think your a jerk, you need to stop" no you just sat there thinking of nasty things to say to me on the internet the next day. You know what im better then you, i was better then you then and ill be better then you 2 weeks from now.

Cue wwm with zzzz

yours truely Boston,

Btw its come to my knowledge i'm banned from the work forum(or so wwm said in another thread) what the hell was that one for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Boston
    General crap

Good call actually. Why has he been banned? I met him at the boards beer and although admittedly I was too drunk to talk to him much he seemed like an alright sort of chap and he seemed eager to go to the next beer to meet everyone again. Bit uncalled for no?

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

He's not banned from coming to the pissup logic, he's just banned from the board "Boards Events".

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels
    He's not banned from coming to the pissup logic, he's just banned from the board "Boards Events".

Umm I was never under the impression that he had been Majd.

.logic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

perhaps amp was just joking or something??

I wouldn't let it bother you this much Boston, and I still expect to see you there on the 24th!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i believe you posted on it last week, or did someone else do that?

if oyu were using your account on your own, youd know that you posted there.

seems there are several people posting using your account.

you are not banned on work.

my my my boston, you are such fun arent you......

• Advertisement

Originally posted by logic1
    Good call actually. Why has he been banned? I met him at the boards beer and although admittedly I was too drunk to talk to him much he seemed like an alright sort of chap and he seemed eager to go to the next beer to meet everyone again. Bit uncalled for no?

.logic.

Logic my lovely, I've highlighted every bit in your post that led me to the conclusion that you'd assumed he'd been banned from attending the event.

Otherwise, I withdraw my clarification on the grounds that 'you hadn't thought he was'.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I was under the impression that there should be a proper line of events for a ban to take place.

Normally I will warn by PM and then if they persist I will ban them for a week sending a PM informing them of the reasons for the ban.

I think this method would cut out all this public bickering. Also Amp was it necessary to gloat that Boston was banned from the board.

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why oh why is it that only YOU have these issues Boston.
    Amp mods four boards and I dont know why you two have issues with each other.

I personally got annoyed with you for the "SPY is a gay bar" thread, which seemed either FECKIN STUPID or a deliberate troll.
    I mean, you read that review on a gay review site of their Sunday night gay friendly night.

Took me all of 2 seconds to cop that but you posted it all the same. Now maybe it was a genuine mistake but to others it just seems that you ALWAYS try and fight the power or find fault or just plain dont shut up when you dont know what you are talking about.

Banning you seems harsh but I'll hear Amps side of things first. Plus you know I have concerns over who has access to this account so I was rather hoping to grab a pint with you at the Boards beer and talk to you myself.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

good idea Gandalf. I'll post a sticky in the Mods board and post the same info here.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

clam down boston

If I go to the Boards Bash, I'm going to bring a picket sign saying that.
    CLAM DOWN BOSTON!
    You know it makes sense.
    heh

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Perhaps it was deleted, but what exactly did Boston post in that thread that merited a flaming followed by a banning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Sunday night gay friendly night.

I feckin knew it! i was wondering why there were so many blokes in tight tops down there!

- Sorry about the spam, i was in spi a few weeksa go with a mate and we were wondering!

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels

Logic my lovely, I've highlighted every bit in your post that led me to the conclusion that you'd assumed he'd been banned from attending the event.

Otherwise, I withdraw my clarification on the grounds that 'you hadn't thought he was'.

:p

Sherlock Holmes you are not. poor girl.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Devore it wasn't stupid or a troll I read the review and I was wondering if in fact the place was a gay bar, Christ I think where all enough at this stage not to think anything gay connected is a troll, I was genuinely wondering if it was a gay bar, and if I was banned for asking that question then that's insane.

Amps clearly been doing allot more talking to you devore then me, you make out as if im saying he's been picking on me, well he hasn't, this (from my point of view) started when I started posting in one of amps forums, few days ago, before then I cant remember having much of a problem with him. Maybe its because I made peace with all the guys (except Dustin) that had been messing around with me at the last boards beer.

wwm, I've no problem with you. I met you and realized your just abite of a joker and haven't taken a thing you say seriously since, that is how you claim you would rather people look at you, instead of annoying the crap out of you because you said linkin park are crap or whatever.

The Corinthian, I posted something about been abite shy at the first one and amp goes nuts, I tell him to take his crap to devore and he bans me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

:)

I'll unbanned you from Boards Events. I didnt ban you in the first place and I think Amp was just frustrated at you from previous interactions. btw Amp hasnt said a word to me about you. I got all that from your mail and pm's.
    Imagine if I had to do this with every user?

Now can we have a little peace?

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'll unbanned you from Boards Events. I didnt ban you in the first place and I think Amp was just frustrated at you from previous interactions. btw Amp hasnt said a word to me about you. I got all that from your mail and pm's.
    Imagine if I had to do this with every user?

Now can we have a little peace?

DeV.

What can i say, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Maybe its because I made peace with all the guys (except Dustin) that had been messing around with me at the last boards beer.

Umm, stop stirring. Just to deflate your little implication,you had already left by the time i arrived (along with a few of the other 'guys'). Im more than willing to bury any hatchets as soon as you start behaving like a rational person, untill then lets go back to not referring to each other hmm?

Tbh, i feel like im talking to the wall here. Either boston is bubbles (and as such a multi account), or hes someone whos been 12 clicked twice already and continues to troll for all hes worth (and a very lucky little boy). As far as i can tell the only threads you seem to post to involve boards beer and squabbles you get yourlself into constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Is bubbles still Boston or is there role reversal shinnanigans about the place?

Story I didn’t mean to cause offence, that was exactly my point, I did leave before you arrived and as a result never made peace with you, it wasn’t meant as a troll.

I’ve absolutely no problem with you, you where well within your rights to ban me, given the nature of ioffl and the seriousness I treat their campaign with, I’ve not cause a problem for that board since way back when. If you remember correctly I (for what ever it was worth) supported both you and sceptra as becoming the new mods. Hell I even put your name forward if I remember correctly before you yourself had a chance to comment. I knew full well id be banned within a few days, made a little boo who about it then dropped the subject a day or two later. Trust me when I say I’ve nothing against you.

As for where I post, your very observant, there’s a reason for that I’m not getting into. But rest assured peace shall be restored to the land very shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'd like to point out that I still think you're a pointless waste of DNA too, so Dustaz clearly isn't alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Boston, your still here ?

I thought you gave up on boards.ie a LONG time ago ?

Or am i confusing your for someone else ?

btw, I found THIS very funny :D

well, im glad you dont take anything i say seriously.

you wont mind me saying that your spelling has really gone downhill since you leased out your account.

bring back the old boston. he was far more intelligent than this current incarnation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

bring back the old boston. he was far more intelligent than this current incarnation.

On many many things I would naturally find myself agree with WWM,... but not on this.

Anyway, the point is 'mute'...

boston.jpg

Originally posted by logic1
    Sherlock Holmes you are not. poor girl.
    .logic.

That's completely right, I'm not a man, or a detective with a tweed gown and a deerstalker cap who smokes a pipe and has a sidekick called Watson.

Your powers of observation overwhelm me.

MAJD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=60104&pagenumber=2

It seems to me some of you guys reckon you know best how to run boards.ie, you saw that devore was debating weather it would be best just to ban me and stop all this ****e so you decided a little push was in order. well amp care to explain the reasons behind me being banned order then the fact i dared post on your little forum? No infact dont, just shut up.

Devore If amp is so "sound" as you claim maybe you can explain it?

Your break your bolox working to do the things the moderators ask you to do, or worse yet want you to do but wont say in order not to loose face even thuogh its the best for the boards. take a break for afew months boston, improve your typing boston, lower your posts per day boston, clam down boston. WTF, I go, then typedef gets sandbaged probably az next, none of you had or have respect for the may we ran/run our forums.

Look at my typing its all over the kip, i must have been insane to think any one of your jerk off had changed, at least i had respect for bard and dahamsta, and could cut a deal with them but you people sit in the cornors like freakin cowards waiting for the oppertunity, never heard of a little something called PM, ffs i met you amp and you didnt have the balls to so much as walk up to me and say "hey i think your a jerk, you need to stop" no you just sat there thinking of nasty things to say to me on the internet the next day. You know what im better then you, i was better then you then and ill be better then you 2 weeks from now.

Cue wwm with zzzz

yours truely Boston,

Btw its come to my knowledge i'm banned from the work forum(or so wwm said in another thread) what the hell was that one for?

I did warn you Boston. Now most posters would pay attention to a warning, but not Mr Attention Whore Boston. Oh no. There must be a big ranty post venting all the hate and anger you feel towards the rest of the group.

All manner of people have called you a jerk and told you to stop, and at boards beer I had better things to do than to have a heart to heart about why everybody thinks you're an asshole. I go to pubs and clubs to have a good time, get drunk and get oral sex from admins*

As far as being better than me, well if it helps you feel more confident, than by god, you are the better person. Feel good, smile at yourself in the mirror, dance to Elvis. Cos the sooner you stop living your life through boards.ie the better.

*May not have actually occured

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I reckon twas Bard or me that banned twatface from IO, not Dusty. Either way though, there was no "arrangement"! :rolleyes:

Boston, you need "arranging" into a dumpster man.

DeVore, you're giving out about having to deal with muppets around the corner, while the Muppet King here rears his ugly head regular as clockwork, and never gets whupped. Like's been said, it's either Bubbles or a twat (or both, heh), so just 12-click the luser so we can get back to watching out for JoeThat'sWhatICallMusic167, eh?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

DeVore, you're giving out about having to deal with muppets around the corner, while the Muppet King here rears his ugly head regular as clockwork, and never gets whupped. Like's been said, it's either Bubbles or a twat (or both, heh), so just 12-click the luser so we can get back to watching out for JoeThat'sWhatICallMusic167, eh?

adam

I think that should be candidate for "mini" PoTM. Very succinct, yet pack fulled of ROFL goodness :D

--
    Having said that, Boston/Joe/Gladiator, you have some good things to say but the ancilliary attention whoring is tiresome. Consider another reincarnation with a helping of some chill pills to boot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by dahamsta

adam

Nice one Adam.

What about it Tom?

Niall (logeroo) - just cos the guy seemed to be a bit sound in RL (admittedly after pints too) doesn't mean his online persona can be a dick.

His online self is just a pesky annoying gimp - just like one of those tiny midges that keeps trying to bit you until finally sick of waving it away you smack it and squash it into smithereens against your arm. The only unfortunate thing is you may have to wash your hands afterwards.

Now the lad may be sound in RL, but tbh he's already proven what a lamer he is here, so why bother finding out?

cyiz on the 24th.

Alo.

I dont think he deserved to be banned from Boards Events tbh. Boston is not a classic muppet, imho. He doesnt know when to shut up alright, he gets into squabbles by constantly arguing to the n'th degree alright but I'm not convinced he actually means boards.ie harm.
    In fact, I'm not sure that he doesnt believe his points.

Unfortunately he's cried wolf enough times and been banned enough times that basically noone believes him or wants to believe him.

I dunno, I tend to agree with Amp that maybe boston shouldnt spend so much time on boards.ie for the good of his sanity.

Oh and if you are saying I'm getting soft... I'm not, I'm just trying to demonstrate Solomonesque wisdom here and see both sides of the argument.

If on the other hand, Boston turns out to be someone from Boards trolling the site then I think I'm probably done being an admin. We'll see at the boards beer.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    ...I'm just trying to demonstrate Solomonesque wisdom here...

Does this mean that your solution is to chop Boston in half, and keep half of him here on boards and throw the other half back to real life?

All in favour of Boston being chopped in half say AYE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You know what im better then you, i was better then you then and ill be better then you 2 weeks from now.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

conor me auld spud, looking at 0-5 tonite eh wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I reckon twas Bard or me that banned twatface from IO, not Dusty. Either way though, there was no "arrangement"! :rolleyes:

I think t'was me... I did most of the banning on the IOFFL forum at the time... trigger happy I may have been, but it worked.

And yeah... 'arrangement'??? Hwah hwah hwah !!! :rolleyes: :D

ohhhh mercy

Heh... brilliant stuff. Well said. G'wan the Cork bai! [etc.]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Just to deflate your little implication

You know what I notice about board.ie in contrast to other fora... par example www.linuxnewbie.org is that 'moderators' here seem quite prone to inflamatory outbursts like this.

Mostly the reason I don't frequent boards.ie any longer. There really is an element of playground bitchery and the official lie is that 'somehow' there is a deluge of muppets trying to cause hassel here.

That's crap, the reality is that there are quite a few people charged with administration who have let their own little ascenine notions of grandure actually asuage the reality for them that it's only a damn website.

Grow up.

</Enter a drole wit stage left with links to www.dictionary.com or random aggression.... good monkey>
    Adieu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

to be honest i dont see a problem here. Boston was banned now he is un banned he was banned becauce mod of fourm decided to ban him and that is their decision be it right or wrong.

If boston is another user then you really are quiet sad.
    Devore
    If on the other hand, Boston turns out to be someone from Boards trolling the site then I think I'm probably done being an admin. We'll see at the boards beer.

i think i speak for most when i say wtf! you stop being an admin thats just mad. If it is somone from boards trolling then its there problem 1 for deception of other users 2 for being a complete ass for doing it

not saying boston is another boards user but if he was.

also if his account was being "leased" then is it not possible for more than one person to have used it in the past so arguments that one may have with boston may be because of a previous one, or something like that.

k thats me done lunch now.

Originally posted by Typedef

Mostly the reason I don't frequent boards.ie any longer.

That's spectacular that, the way you're able to post on a forum that you don't go onto any more. How do you do it? Posting by telekinesis? Telepathy? Or have you leased our your account too and this is posting by proxy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by SheroN
    conor me auld spud, looking at 0-5 tonite eh wha?

Against NK Unpronounceable or whoever the hell they are, it's a done deal. I hope.

as conor so rightly pointed out, an it is now my alloted time to add something or worth, id like to say..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HOW FÚCKING BORING.

its my fúcking boards, and im going home........................

joe, let it lie will you. god the outrage is unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Bard/Dahamsta, I did ban him from the ioffl board simply because he posted every 10 seconds and kept reposting what i was removing. He ignored pms to stop and kept posting the same stuff. I banned him cos i wanted to have me dinner:)

BTW Boston, i never lifted the ban cos you said you were leaving the country. Since that seems to have been another fabrication, pm me if you want access again and feel you can control yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Can't believe Man U lost, well I can cos they played really badly. Ah well, it's only the first leg.

Advertisement