Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

errors with map

• 13-08-2002 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

k have menu thingy set up map created tried to test but failed got this error and here is copy of that grey box that pops up as well any ideas?
    also mod_loadbrushmodel:maps2/test2.bps has wrong version number (571084155 should be 30)
    ** Executing...
    ** Command: Change Directory
    ** Parameters: "C:\half-life\Game"

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\TOOLS\QBSP2.EXE
    ** Parameters: "c:\half-life\game\cstrike\maps\test2"

qbsp2.exe v2.2 (Dec 28 1998)
    ---- qbsp2 ----

************ ERROR ************
    Can't open c:\half-life\game\cstrike\maps\test2.p0

** Executing...

---- qbsp2 ----

** Executing...

---- qbsp2 ----

** Executing...

---- qbsp2 ----

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "c:\half-life\game\cstrike\maps\test2.bsp" "C:\half-life\Game\cstrike\maps\test2.bsp"

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "c:\half-life\game\cstrike\maps\test2.pts" "C:\half-life\Game\cstrike\maps\test2.pts"

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\HALF-L~1\GAME\HL.EXE
    ** Parameters: +map "test2" -game cstrike -dev -console +deathmatch 1

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I hope you're not using WC to compile.
    The best thing to start with when compiling is to get a new compilation tool. Always have logging on.
    From what I see, what you posted isn't helpful. Open up the "Name Of Your Map".log and paste what it says here.
    It'll give you that little bit more info needed in discovering what the actualy problem is.

If it doesn't, try a compile with logging turned off.
    For some strange reason I got a similar looking problem when I compiled with it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

got rid of most of the errors had some of it set up wrong. the brush number is still there cant fix it. gonna try that other tool for compiling it.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well the only annoying problem I ever get that halts mapping is one that involves illegal object parameter (Often caused by rampantly using the vertex / clipping tool)

It'll either give you an invalid face / invalid texture alignment problem or something along those lines. Retexturing it or editing the shape usually doesn't fix the problem, thus deleting the majority of objects causing face errors often gets rid of the problem outright, leaving you with the painful task of figuring out how you mapped the object wrong and preventing it from happening again.

Basically, if you get a brush number (Which can be caused by over stretching / clipping / vertex'ing (?) an object) the best method is to nuke the object outright. Thats how I deal with it. I could list how they are caused, but I wont for now.
    Im sure there are a few people who have other methods of fixing the problems, but I just nip it in the ass and try again as opposed to editing everything. Just my mapping style.

Good Luck!

Advertisement