Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eight legged freaks

• 13-08-2002 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Seen it there last friday , bit like a B-Movie with CGI spiders , thought it was simple but funny , boy the woman squeezes hard when creepy crawlies are around!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wasn't bad. I read a review that said it was trying to be a bit like gremlins, but didn't really succeed.

Not bad, though..... worth the matinee price I paid! :)

Went to see Heaven on Sunday. Enjoyed that alot more. Wasn't expecting half the movie to be in Italian with subtitles, but the acting was superb and the story was engrossing....... Cate Blanchett was brilliant as usual.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah no i thought this was a laugh. from the very beggin ya knew it was gonna be a classic what with toxic waste fallenin into a pond :) ah yup defo a classic and the noises the spiders made was classic. Cool runnings guy brillo pad too. Ah if ya like the opening you'll like the film.

When I saw the film advertised on tv, I thought it looked like another one of those no-hype, cheap looking films that just comes out in the summer as part of a rushed attempt to make money...is the film like that?

Is it better than Godzilla too???

If Warner wasn't behind it, then there is a very good chance it would have gone straight to video........ Its still a good laugh, though....

As for the spider sound effects, were they meant to sound like a dude making funny noises into a microphone?? Maybe it was meant to add to the B-Movie atmosphere !! :)

- Dave.

Oh, and ANYTHING is better than Godzilla! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

It’s a good enough film but I’ll probably have forgotten about it by next week. The bit with the dirt bikes is class and Kari Wuhrer is nommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Thought it was a good ole laugh. Wasn't expecting that much when I went in but I had a good chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by pauldeehan
    Kari Wuhrer is nommy.

If its got her in it's the best movie ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

Originally posted by Lorax
    i saw this last night, it's the biggest load of crap i have ever seen in my life.. it's just so predictable and boring

forgive me for being backwardly cynical but i think that was the whole idea, tis just a buzz movie and the trailers make people want to check it out, of course 15 mins into the film u know whats gonna happen, but ur only staying to see the giant spiders, it works, it pays, its hollywood, simple BUT effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 pika

SPIDERSSSSSSSss
    ARAGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
Advertisement