Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had a Time Machine.....

• 13-08-2002 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭

.... and could transport yourself 10 years into the future (to 2012), what would you do first when you got there?

- Grab a newspaper?
    - Check out whats on TV?
    - Check out whats in the cinema?
    - See if Ireland is still in the Telecom stone age?
    - See if Fine Gael got into government yet? :D
    - Check out the stock market?
    - Check out the internet?
    - Go to your nearest city for a look around?

Or something else? :)

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, it would probably be the internet for info goodness. Use it to find the ten best performers in the stock market over the previous 5 years. I would also download the schematics for the latest fad machine (assuming it's not ridiculously complicated and that the internet hasn't been overrun by corporations - both of which are a distinct possibilty).

Then go home, invest in said companies, copyright said schematics and sit on both until 2012...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

If I were to travel ten years into the future, I'd fix all the mistakes my future self thought I'd made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by JustHalf
    If I were to travel ten years into the future, I'd fix all the mistakes my future self thought I'd made.
    Deep.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The first thing I'd do is not transport my self 10 years into the future.

I'm sure theres fare more interesting periods in history and the future to visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Frankly, if I had a time machine, I'd go back and kill whoever invented the French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'd go back in time... exactly 2 years and 5 months back.

Nevermind why. It's personal. *slap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

If I had a time machine... I'd travel back to the time of the cave men. With my futuristic technology and vast knowledge I'd be a God unto them!!! Bow before me you primitive screwheads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'd get stock market info and find out things like the winners of all 10 preceding grand nationals etc. just like that guy in Back To The Future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 pika

If I could punch anyone in the face or kick in the b*lls it would have to be that Maggie Tatcher or Ian bastard Paisley just for being complete Antichrist and for annoying me.:confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

If I could punch anyone in the face or kick in the b*lls it would have to be that Maggie Tatcher or Ian bastard Paisley just for being complete Antichrist and for annoying me
    wrong thread? ah well never mind

if i was to go 10 years into the future i'd:
    1) make sure bertie was NOT in power(and find out all the scandel that he's now hiding :D)
    2) but the latest pop offerings and bring them back and sell sell sell my ass off :)
    3) arrange an alabi (when i got back)for unforseen consequences
    4)get the answers for all the LC's over the 10 years and distribute them to all the needy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If I could go ten years into the future I seriously consider it an option that I'd pull my blanket further over me, burrow further into my cardboard box and snooze with my half empty bottle of gut-rot schnapps in my be-mittened hands.

If I wasn't going to time-travel straight into being me in ten years time, I'd find me and my cardboard box and take me home and wash me and scrub me and tell me to go fourteen years into the past and not go to that pub.

To quote Bard, "*slap*".

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Shoot Ian Paisley if he was still around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Frankly, if I had a time machine, I'd go back and kill whoever invented the French.

I'll be sure to tell Jeff you said so AngelWhore! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i would check the lotto number resuls for the last ten years and then come back to be known as the luckiest man in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Would go back two months, fix everything, be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

go back to kill the dinosausers failing that go back and kill your mothers & I would be king of the boards...ba ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

If I travelled back, I'd go to the 60's and steal all their dope.

If I could travel forward and sell all their dope, or else tell me future sell about the time machine get him to travel back in time and cause some some of infinite loop and **** up the space time thing thats very important in those back to the future films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

probably see if they had a cure for cancer, and bring it back 20years so some relatives of mine might still be alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd probably use mine to go back in time just before I opened the bottle of pepsi max so I could drink it again. Either that or I'd wish for INFINITE WISHES AND DE-MOD THE GENIE!!!!

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Hmmm an infinite array of pasts and futures to choose from. After serious consideration it would have to be the summer of 1967, San Francisco. Everyone spouting amusing hippy crap and enourmous amounts of safe and guilt free sex and drugs. Call me shallow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Nah .. Shallow would be heading ten years into the future to see how your other half was looking then...

But yeah 10 years ahead and I would grab a set of lotto numbers and a list of national winners for the past decade. I would also check which friends had died and how - myself included. Then I'd head home, drop out, win the lotto and spend 10 years as a sucessful gambler who would on occasion heroically save a number of people's lives before retiring from it all to a nice lil island with some friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

it would involve me making serious amounts of money.
    i would also ask my future self if i made any big muck ups in the previous 10 years and how should i avoid it.
    id then send myself back 200 years and kill john connors, or maybe further back and kill sarah conners. hold on, thats just fiction now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by TmB
    .... and could transport yourself 10 years into the future (to 2012), what would you do first when you got there?

I'd scratch my balls

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tele

It would have to be som way of making a lot of money, but if it was only for a couple of hrs or making no money then I would deffinatly go and see the rat pack in vegas, those guys rocked........... closely followed by Elvis at maddison sq garden,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Doc. Brown

I'm here!

Advertisement