Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vcd on ps2

• 13-08-2002 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

ok i have a burner (ph33r the 4x speed) and loadsa film's (divx / mpg etc) and i wanna watch them on my ps2, has anyone done this already???

I ripped one of my films to vcd and tryed it in the ps2 but it just said "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation2 disc" anyone know how to do it (i may just have ripped it wrong know any good program to do it ???)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I tried that too and it didn't work. You could try burning a CD in DVD format, but I think that the PS2 will only read DVDs anyway (so you can't copy games I guess, or makes it harder to at least) - unless you have it modified could be wrong about this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I saw a way of doing it a while ago on GameCopyWorld i think it was but can't find it now.
    Will let you know if i find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya a friend had his ps2 chipped and it can play v-cd's he said to me that i couldn't play them on mine (which is not chipped) so i was stuck watchin them on the pc, tis okay cos got a big monitor. But yup i say ya need your ps2 to be chipped, and it probally cheaper to buy a dvd player that would play them, unless ya wanted to chip it urself. Not meant to be too hard to do but still.

Alo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

I saw a way of doing it a while ago on GameCopyWorld i think it was but can't find it now.
    Will let you know if i find it.

Good stuff ppc ill talk to ya at the lan about it, btw while im here anyone know a proggy to burn a video to dvd format ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

:D found it

http://www.ps2ownz.com/PS2_VCD_Player_Tutorial.zip

That should tellya what todo.
    If ya do it tell us how ya get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

nice1 ppc, dl'ing now if im successful ill post... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Imm aslo downloading it now :D I've tried vcds 2 on ps2's but unsucessful. Damn sony, they could have easily added a vcd feature. I hate watching VCDs on my 15" monitor. Hope this tutorial works:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

How to make a VCD/DVD go the [URL=http://]www.vcdhelp.com[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Its fairly easy to do on a Dreamcast, and there is a way of doing it on a PS2 without chipping it, but it doesn't work well I heard.

Advertisement