Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 2

Options
  • 13-08-2002 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

My Playstation 2 is on the blink. It is scratching the inside section (in a ring fashion on the readable part nearest the centre hole) any DVD or playstation 2 game that hasn't that indigo coating on it.
    I say the one's that don't have the indigo coating because one game "Pro Evolution Soccer" has this coating and I play it alot but a game that I don't play much and doesn't have the coating, Gran Turismo 3, is now unreadable.

What is the story about warranties on th PS2. I have it since about Jan 2001

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

not too sure about what warranty you have, but this happened to a friend of mine. i think if you bring it and the damaged game back they will replace them.

kev

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd guess that the standard warranty on a PS2 is 12 months. SOunds like a manufacturing defect though (albeit one that's taken quite a while to surface), which would be an exception to the rule. Worth trying Lucifer's suggestion for a start (with any luck that'll be the end of the matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I bought it from argos, what are they like on things like this. Has anyone being in a similiar situation with any product that has went loopers for no reason? I didnt buy the banjacked game in argos what can I do there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

try argos but seen as its out of warranty ur better off goin with Sony, they are usually good with things like this. remember the fecked up ps1's that had a defect and broke after 2 yrs. A few people i know got them replaced no questions asked despite them being out of warranty.

Advertisement