Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy rubberized undercoating?

Options
  • 13-08-2002 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I've been looking into making my case a bit quieter... Now it's not so much the noise, but the vibration. I've checked out the sound dampening mats, and even though they don't look so bad, I'd prefer to go with a sound dampening spray (aerosol).

They're used in the car industry and audio, and you can buy the rubberised undercoating sprays in like every shop in the States, but I can't find it anywhere in UK or Ireland.

Anyone know where I'd be able to get one? Preferably in Dublin but I'm not that picky anymore. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

It looks like this:

706.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'd say B&Q might have some but wouldnt be too sure.

Whats wrong with the sound proof mats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

i don't like the mats, they're more expensive, harder to apply, and you never know if you'll need another few square inches to cover.

this thing, i can spray on all panels in the case, i can even use it on the hard drive cage to dampen the noise and vibrations, etc. just seems like a better choice than mats. i might be wrong, but you never know unless you try :)

thanks for the info, i'll have a look at B&Q !

Advertisement