Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got Leap

Options
  • 13-08-2002 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just got a 1MB connection from Leap in the office, phew it rocks!(towards what I'm used to). Talking to the rep and he says they hope to have their transmitter installed on Three Rock Mountain within six weeks, so they will be able to offer residential @ €99 pm then. Still expensive, but phone charges and ISDN rental pm for me workes out even more so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I agree that €99 per month is still expensive but, damn, it's double the speed of I-Stream for less money than what Eircom are charging and if this is going to be an uncapped service that makes it a bargain compared to Eircom's offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by oisin
    to the rep and he says they hope to have their transmitter installed on Three Rock Mountain within six weeks

Would this be based on chorus's powernet technology... 20km limit... LOS required ?

*Me hopes and prays*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It is LOS. Not sure about the limit.

use the search function and theres more info about them there.

Advertisement