Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is boards very slow for anyone else?

• 13-08-2002 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has been finding Boards a tad slow to load in the browser of late.

I'm sitting the far side of a HTTP Proxy with a far from perfect install of Squid which I can do nothing about.

It just that I'm on a high bandwidth connection seems that its mainly Boards that has been very slow to load.

I'll have to check it out elsewhere myself when I get a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Nope....its running grand for mi and my 56k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

A few of us noticed at around 3:30 today that it was crawling, but all is well since.... See Bugs/Suggestions forum here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I did notice a bit of blip this afternoon alright...briefly but that could have been stuff goin on in UCD as well.

ATM, pages are loading as fast as always since the server switch. (56k SNL)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Only gettign 1.3 - 2.2 with cable here atm.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

its been slowish for me recently too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think these are connection issues rather then server issues, though things were running a bit slowly yesterday afternoon.

Regi is off-site today and busy but I'm sure he and xor will be sniffing around the logs etc to see whats going on.

All seems fine at the moment.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Has improved since the sig restrictions, i`m on a 256k, but on my 56k its pants, i mean like really bad - if i turn off the sigs in UP, its not too bad.

Images in sigs are bad mmmmkay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm noticing a bit of lag on initial requests recently. Looks more like a DNS or interconnect issue more than anything else.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Didn't see the thread on Bugs and Suggestions.

I'd agree that the initial time for the request to be processed seems to be very long.

Its not as bad today though ... although that might be because I'm being server by a "less badly configured" web proxy.

Purely as a matter of interest is there a spec floating around for the hardware and connection that Boards runs off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Purely as a matter of interest is there a spec floating around for the hardware and connection that Boards runs off?

Yeah do a quickie search on back posts here on admin for when boards did the big 'change'

It's something like a *nix server on dual 950MHz processors with 1 gig of ram and 10Mbps connection, although I think the connection is a little faster......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I seem to having some speed probs here. There's nothing wrong with *our* network......seems to be a request problem. Speed is fine, just actually grabbing the page is taking a short while. Maybe it's something to do with all those people clambering for first posts on the tidal wave of new boards today. Still not nearly as slow as it was before 'the change' though :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think the server is pinning for Regi and Xor who have been away on hols or business for the last few days. It just needs a good rub down and a few pints :) .

There is *something* fairly irregular with it but until we have a good looksee we wont know what. Could be server or could be connection, or something else entirely.

Its definitely not the new boards as that adds bugger all to the site (unless something has gone wrong with the SQL for it).

Cloud was running his sig-image bot too so that would slow things down when its turned on but its not the only thing I think...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

with more server side processing, you`d expect boards to run slighlty slower.

But this speed decrease hasn`t been gradual, so that would lead to it being something that was implemented fairly recently.

Or not, could be connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

regisaysoops.jpg

Advertisement